Which night is Formal night?

gallivanter

1 hour ago, gallivanter said:

Is there a way to know ahead of time when Formal Nights are?  We are on the Quest Nov 28 Sailing.  Thanks!  Jon

There are no Formal only nites, only formal optional an only in the main dining room.  You will find out those nites once on board.

On your Antarctica itinerary there are typically three nights that are shown as formal in the Restaurant.  In the past those formal (optional) nights have been on day 3 (Castro, Isla Chiloe, Chile), day 16 (day at sea) and day 19 (day at sea.)  You might want to check out a very informative travel blog (patrickinantarctica) which includes the Herald daily newsletters and the menus from that voyage in February 2018.  BTW, my husband and I will be boarding  the Quest as you disembark on December 19.  Have a great trip.  

Edited by offtoalaska
punctuation

5 hours ago, offtoalaska said:

On your Antarctica itinerary there are typically three nights that are shown as formal in the Restaurant.  In the past those formal (optional) nights have been on day 3 (Castro, Isla Chiloe, Chile), day 16 (day at sea) and day 19 (day at sea.)  You might want to check out a very informative travel blog (patrickinantarctica) which includes the Herald daily newsletters and the menus from that voyage in February 2018.  BTW, my husband and I will be boarding  the Quest as you disembark on December 19.  Have a great trip.  

Thank you for the detailed response!  We have also read just about every word of your blog!  That was amazing.  We'll wave as you board!

8 hours ago, gallivanter said:

Is there a way to know ahead of time when Formal Nights are?  We are on the Quest Nov 28 Sailing.  Thanks!  Jon

Hi Jon,

Not answering your question, but just saying hi. Hubby and I will be on your cruise. Be sure to join us, and a few others, on the Roll Call!

Tammy

15 hours ago, gallivanter said:

Thank you for the detailed response!  We have also read just about every word of your blog!  That was amazing.  We'll wave as you board!

Patrick wrote the amazing blog not I; important to give him the credit.  Bon voyage.