Do all restaurants have sommeliers?

zitsky

On 7/16/2019 at 8:16 AM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We found the Caymus 2012 Special Selection quite enjoyable, and purchased a few bottles, however I agree about Duckhorn. We have the premium package so will most likely be drinking Decoy on our cruise. We also purchased a Caymus special Anniversary bottle which was quite good, but by the time we opened it and realized how good it was they were sold out. What, if any, whites would you recommend in the premium package. We rarely drink whites so I have no idea what’s good. 

I’ve not had the opportunity to taste the Caymus special selection, but I would expect that to be quite good! 

As for white wine selections in the MDR in the premium package, if you like an unoaked Chardonnay I suggest the Luis Jadot. They are a good producer from Burgundy and make good quality wines. I’ve personally not been a fan of the Mer soleil, but haven’t tasted in a while so will definitely try it again. As I recall it does have some oak, but not an overly oaked Chardonnay. Villa Maria is a decent Sauv blanc. I’m also interested in trying the Riesling if you are seeking something off dry to pair with spicy foods.

If you class bubbles as white wine I’m definitely going to try the champagne as we don’t have the Mautadon where I live so am note familiar with it and I’m never going to say no to champagne!