Upgrade with NCL Credit Card Points

Julma

15 minutes ago, Julma said:

If I book an Inside cabin and upgrade using points to a Balcony cabin do I get all the "free at sea" benefits that come with the Balcony category?

Hi, I  did this earlier this year for my Alaska cruise, no, you do not get the added perks.

As Odie said, you would only receive one promo perk choice assuming it is the usual one promo pick for inside stateroom.

If there is an oceanview category with two perk choice that will get you to a desired balcony you can do that using 30,000 points versus 60,000 points for the inside to balcony upgrade.   Price the cruise out both ways and see what works better for you.  

Between the two of us we had over 90,000 points and it was time to burn some.  We like to drink 🍷🥃🍺🥂 so when we booked the 15 night Escape transatlantic for April 2020 we looked at the various options.   Almost all of the insides were the same price and we could have upgraded with points from an inside or oceanview to anything but an aft facing or spa balcony.  We found an angled bf balcony we liked and called NCL Worldpoint dept to be sure which category we needed to book to upgrade to that balcony.  In our case bf inside was all we needed.  We booked the cruise through our PCC and chose the beverage package for our perk then called NCL Worldpoint dept back and did the upgrade.   I bought a 5 night dining package when I saw the post on CC regarding dining price increase .... price for our cruise jumped the next day.