How much stuff are your bringing?

monkey1

FI's been laughing at me because I keep picking up decorations, etc. to bring on the ship--we have a table covered with stuff. How much are you bringing/did you bring and how are you getting it there? I'm thinking about shipping a lot of it to our hotel in advance--out of town bags stuff, decorations for dinner on the wedding night, etc.

LOL, I did the same thing. Luckily we live in Florida so I only had to find a way to get it all to the port. We had a stretch limo and the boxes with the welcome bags alone took up the entire trunk!

I think shipping things is a great idea. Once you get to the port they could care less how much stuff you bring on board, it's the airlines that give you a problem with it. If you ship it down to the hotel, however, I'm sure if the hotel has a shuttle it will fit no problem. Then, you offload it when you get to the ship and "wa-la" it's in your room before you know it.

Then, the onboard coordinator had the bellmen come and pick the goods up and he kept them in his office for us, but that was above and beyond. :)

I regretted for about 5 minutes (when we loaded the limo) bringing everything but that was it and then I was soooo glad the day of the wedding, it really made it more personal and special.

Good Luck!

Archived