Carnival Past Guest Party question

cawhite

I want a gold card too. This will be our second cruise. Our 1st was a year and a half ago, we called Carnival directly and booked it. This cruise my husband booked it through our local travel agency and I would almost bet he didn't tell them we were past cruisers on Carnival. I still have my past cruise number, should I take it with us on this cruise to show we have sailed with them before.

I want a gold card too. This will be our second cruise. Our 1st was a year and a half ago, we called Carnival directly and booked it. This cruise my husband booked it through our local travel agency and I would almost bet he didn't tell them we were past cruisers on Carnival. I still have my past cruise number, should I take it with us on this cruise to show we have sailed with them before.

When you booked, you should have noted you were a past guest. Since your cruise was recent, they should just look it up...

if the agent ws good--she / he woulda have asked because some cruises past guests get discounts. you should check and make sure

On page six of the Carnival Cruise Vacations 2005-2007 there are Vacation Interchange Privileges listed that said if we cruised on any Carnival owned lines we are intitled to the same Past Guest privileges.

We sailed the Grand Princess in 1999 and the Sea Princess in 2000 and the Costa Atlantica in 2002.

I have downloaded a letter from the Princess Captain Circle that lists the cruises. I booked directly with Carnival and we will be on the Glory 2-25-06.

I made my PVP aware of that but he did not let me know how to go about letting Carnival know about it...I alread receive my documents. Any suggestions?

...Ott

Ott - Call the PVP back and tell him to look at the brochure. If he still 'doesn't know' - ask to speak with a supervisor. Is that doesn't work, call Guest Services at the toll free number.:) Post the outcome, ok?

Just called Carnival when I was not allowed to list past cruises on Princess or Costa in my Fun Pass. They said because I have not cruised with Carnival proper I don't have a Past Guest number and thus all I can do is to present the letter from Princess confirming my past cruises to the purser when I get on the ship and he MAY do something for me, I don't know what, sice by then I will have been given the blue card.

Anyway, so much for their promise...

....Ott

Just called Carnival when I was not allowed to list past cruises on Princess or Costa in my Fun Pass. They said because I have not cruised with Carnival proper I don't have a Past Guest number and thus all I can do is to present the letter from Princess confirming my past cruises to the purser when I get on the ship and he MAY do something for me, I don't know what, sice by then I will have been given the blue card.

Anyway, so much for their promise...

....Ott

There are only certain past guest perks that you get on Carnival for cruising their sister companies... they don't count towards you "status" I don't believe, and I don't think they count towards being able to attend the PG party.

Well, I quote again from their brochure and web site:

>>>On page six of the Carnival Cruise Vacations 2005-2007 there are Vacation Interchange Privileges listed that said if one cruised on any Carnival owned lines one is entitled to the same Past Guest privileges.<<<

I guess the same is really not the same...it depends what IS is...

...Ott

:eek: Ooops, Ott. I'm looking at the same big brochure you have, "Cruise Vacations - Carnival - 2005-2007"

What you said is not exactly what it says on page 6.

The exact wording is:

"Vacation Interchange Privileges

Sail on any member of World's Leading Cruise Lines (Carnival, Costa, Cunard, Holland America Line, Princess, Seabourn, and Windstar) and you'll be entitled to the same Past Guest savings currently being extended by any of our lines."

As you can see, the wording is "past guest savings" - not past guest privileges. So, I can see why you still won't be considered a past guest of Carnival. Sorry, but next time for sure!:)

Hi, This will be my 7th Carnival cruise & DH 10th, I did not know that our sign & sail cards are suppose to be gold or platinum. Am I missing something because the cards are blue? :eek: Ginny

This is something brand new that Carnival has started.

Anybody taking their second Carnival cruise now receives gold S&S cards.

The tenth cruise with Carnival will give you a platinum S&S card, so be sure and book the cruise under your DH's name. Hopefully, they'll have all 9 of his other Carnival cruises in their system...?

OK, so what are the Past Guest SAVINGS? Not that a captains party is all that great, we did that on the Princess, had a drink and one of those itsy bitsy sandwiches, stood around for a while and that was that. I want the savings...Does a gold card give you savings?

....Ott

OK, so what are the Past Guest SAVINGS? Not that a captains party is all that great, we did that on the Princess, had a drink and one of those itsy bitsy sandwiches, stood around for a while and that was that. I want the savings...Does a gold card give you savings?

....Ott

No, they mean that you can book on the other lines at past guest prices. (for what it's worth).

........Not that a captains party is all that great, we did that on the Princess, had a drink and one of those itsy bitsy sandwiches, stood around for a while and that was that.

Hey Ott, if that's all that was offered on Princess, you might just be pleasantly surprised by the Captain's Party on Carnival.

The party is held in the main showlounge - on the first formal night. The captain greets each passenger as they arrive, then goes on stage and introduces his staff. The ship's orchestra plays, waiters walk around offering comp cocktails or champagne (or you can go to the bar in there and get whatever you want, also comp). There are lots of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres passed around. It's actually a very nice party, lasts approx. 45 minutes to an hour.:)

In my opinion (don't flame me)

I think the Captain's party on these "mega ships" are just getting to big to enjoy. Almost 3000 passengers...........

Its nice to get a couple of free drinks, but everyone is encouraged to sit in the main lounge, wait for some, not so great hors d'oeuvres, and not really able to mingle.

I guess if you are with people you know, its ok.... but for a couple its a bit boring.......

Its just too big.

This is an example of something that might be fun for a few hundred people at a time. Perhaps they should have one party, per deck.

Again, just my opinion

-Michael

Ott, I just re-read your post. I'm wondering now if (since you're talking about Carnival accepting past guest status), if you are referring to the Past Guest Party???

It's very nice, and much smaller than the Captain's Party. It's held on a separate evening and in a smaller lounge. Past guests receive invitations and ship lapel pins. Brief 'welcome back' speech from the captain. Drawings are held for bottles of champagne, a short (and interesting) history of Carnival is shown, again comp cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. A small combo plays and some passengers enjoy dancing. Another nice way to spend about 45 minutes. Maybe you'll be able to enjoy the Past Guest party on your next Carnival cruise. They're held on cruises of five nights or longer.:)

Archived