Latitude Rewards Benefits ( Room vs Individual )

alexgtp

Wife and I are both Gold Latitude members. We are cruising the Mediterranean with my parents who have never cruised NCL before.

-Is there any benefit to booking 1 Gold member per room, instead of 2 Gold members in a room and 2 new NCL cruisers in other room.??

-i know 10% for shore excursions is based on tier level of individual

-NCL FAQ states Latitude benefits will default to the user with highest status in room (for per room benefits and not individual benefits)

-I am concerned with Priority disembarkation and priority tendering in ports (hoping this is a per room benefit and not individual)

Thanks!

Not really for those benefits - they're tied to the individual and checked via keycards. However, if you go down as a group and the first ones to show their cards are entitled to it, I would expect them to waive the whole group through. Ocasionally you might get someone who is strict and refuses to do that - but booking one latitudes member to a cabin is unlikely to change that.

For disembarkation, you can just pick up the number of latitudes priority tags that you need for both cabins, as they just ask you how many pieces of luggage you have (in my experience). 

Splitting it by room would really only work once you start getting the free dinners.

You'll only get one bottle of sparkling wine even with 2 Gold members in the room. You'd get two if you split, lol.

Also if you stay with both in one cabin try to always give the photographers your room number when photos are taken. That way you can buy them with your discount. If your parents give their room number they may or may not allow you to use your discount. At the Gold level that discount increases, so it matters.

Edited by Nola26