Avis car rental in Juneau for June, 2020

puppymama1

I have reserved our rental car for Anchorage for next June, and was trying to reserve the car in Juneau for the date we will be there so we could drive ourselves to Mendenhahl Glacier early in the morning.  Avis' website will not let me reserve the car, because it says the location is only open 4/28/19-10/2/19, so it thinks the location will be closed on the date we want to get the car.  I assume this location is only open during summer cruise season, not that they are shutting down the location?  Any ideas when I would be able to reserve the car?  If I called Avis instead of trying to do it online, would they be able to make the reservation?  I don't want to wait too long and then not be able to reserve a car....Thanks for your help!

I would call Avis. I have run into challenges trying to reserve cars online in Alaska ports. Sometimes the web site just isn't up to date what is actually available, hours etc. Your best bet is to speak to someone directly - or better yet someone actually working at the location. It may be they just haven't opened up reservations online for next summer yet.