Things to do in Victoria?

sashas_mom

We are going to be spending a few days in Victoria before our cruise and I was wanting to pick your brains as to places to see, things to do other than Buchart Gardens and the Empress (we've been there and loved both places so we're looking for something new).

Any suggestions would be welcomed. We will be going in September before our cruise.

sasha'smom

Tons to do in Victoria; the Royal British Columbia Museum, a block off the inner harbor is wonderful. Also, the Crystal Garden tropical conservatory, the Parliament building, Craigdarrogh Castle, the Art Centre, Chinatown, carriage rides, whale watching, theatre, ghost tour of the cemeteries, Oak Bay, maybe a day trip to Sooke, antique row (Fort Street), Dominion Observatory. Enjoy!

Right across from the Empress Hotel there is the marina. Down there are little tour boats that will take you for a fee around the Inner Harbor. There are two routes. One goes around the harbor itself which is quite large and the other one goes up into an inlet with some very beautiful scenery. We have done both and it is a great way to see the water areas around Victoria. I am sorry I have forgotten the cost but it was not much and it was weell worth it. Maybe try to do a Google search. If I find it I will post the internet site.

marilyn

Right across from the Empress Hotel there is the marina. Down there are little tour boats that will take you for a fee around the Inner Harbor. There are two routes. One goes around the harbor itself which is quite large and the other one goes up into an inlet with some very beautiful scenery. We have done both and it is a great way to see the water areas around Victoria. I am sorry I have forgotten the cost but it was not much and it was weell worth it. Maybe try to do a Google search. If I find it I will post the internet site.

marilyn

I found it. it is called http://www.harbourferry.com.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn,

This is great. I wasn't aware of the harbor tour and I love harbor tours. I really appreciate you taking the time to find the company for me. After all these suggestions, maybe we'll stay for 3 nights:p .

I'm going to try bidding on Priceline. We did well for Vancouver, I hope we can do well for Victoria. We stayed at the Empress last time we were there about 12 years ago which was wonderful. Our room faced the harbor and I would pull up our chair, open the window and people watch with my coffee in the morning. I don't have to stay at the Empress again, but want to try for a four star hotel in Victoria through Priceline. If anyone has had success doing this, I would appreciate their tips. I've gone to biddingfortravel.com, etc. but there are no specific tips that I can find (like I did for Vancouver).

Thanks again, love this board!!

sasha'smom

It is me again. If you go the Canada ports of call board and do a "search this forum" and put in Victoria hotels some threads do come up. Also I would go into the Hotel pre-post hotel forum and put that question on there too. That forum is extremely popular. Hope this helps.Also do a "search this Forum" on this Alaska board for Victoria hotels even though Victoria is in Canada. Give it a try.

marilyn

We enjoyed visiting their parliment, the natural history museum and shopping. At the Buchard Gardens they used to do a spectacular fire work show once or twice a week. The best we have ever seen so it's worth looking into. I saw noats going out to see Orcas, that looked fun but a litlle pricey.

Archived