Barcelona Debarkation- Millenium

Can anyone tell me about debarkation in Barcelona. Flight back to the US is

10:45 am. Originally thought we would need to spend an extra night in Barcelona, but Celebrity tells me the ship is cleared the night before and that you can leave anytime. Is this true? What happens w/luggage? Comments on ship to airport travel time and airport check-in would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Donna

Travel time is under 30 min depending on traffic. You can arrange to be in the first group off of the ship. I'd suggest arranging for a private taxi which is more costly but will be waiting for you. Although there are taxis at the building with the luggage, your ability to get one will depend on how many others have morning flights. Also, depending on the amount of luggage and size of group, you can ask for a larger van with luggage trailer. We left our hotel with 7 people with all of their luggage and were easily accommodated by Barcelona Taxi (Angie). The airport was easy to get around and check-in was easy...we had a 9:30 AM flight (not from the ship) and got there about 7:30...had a lot of time to have coffee and visit with our friends before heading to our gate

Sign up for EARLY DEPARTURE (pursuers desk). It begins around 7-7:20am. There's a long line of taxis waiting for passengers needing to get to the aiport. No worries. You'll be at the airport by 8-8:30 at the latest.

As with ALL cruises . . . you must put your luggage outside of your room by a certain time on the last night. The luggage will be waiting for you inside the cruise terminal after you exit the ship.

The lines at the Barcelona airport were VERY long. It took quite a while to checkin but I did make my 11:30 am flight.

Those of us staying in Barcelona will have a later time to leave the ship. Anyone have any idea what time that might be? Should we book with Angie's taxi service to avoid taxi lines? And if so, what time do we tell her we need the taxi to be at the pier?

You can actually ask to leave the ship at whatever time you wish. We disembarked about 8:15 AM - Angie's taxi was waiting for us and we were at our hotel checking in by 9 AM. There are other taxis lined up waiting but we found that some drivers didn't speak English so be sure to have the name of the hotel where you are going in writing if you go that way. Its' cheaper but there were 7 of us and the convenience of being met and dropped off without any stress was worth the extra $$ to us.

We did this in July in Barcelona, off the Millenium. You retrieve your luggage in the cruise terminal first, then you bring it to the waiting trucks parked outside. You then travel by bus to the airport where you meet the truck with your luggage. The airport is easy to navigate, just be sure you check first where your airline ticket gate is. We ended up walking past Lufthansa and had to double back. We were in line for about an hour due to long lines, but overall no big deal.

Archived