Lunch on Embarkation Day? Sailing the Joy out of Seattle...

We'll be sailing the Joy out of Seattle in a couple of weeks, and it's been so long since I've sailed on Norwegian!

From reviewing the deck plans, there seems to be an abundance of restaurants onboard,but I'm wondering what is open for lunch on the day of embarkation at no charge? I'd prefer sit down and not buffet if that's an option.

Thanks!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sailawaybellaluna said:

We'll be sailing the Joy out of Seattle in a couple of weeks, and it's been so long since I've sailed on Norwegian!

From reviewing the deck plans, there seems to be an abundance of restaurants onboard,but I'm wondering what is open for lunch on the day of embarkation at no charge? I'd prefer sit down and not buffet if that's an option.

Thanks!

The Main Dining Rooms Taste and Savor open at noon for seated meals. 

The Local is open at 11:30 (pub style seated restaurant)

The Buffet opens at 11:30. If you go all the way forward, you have spectacular views out the Observation Lounge windows.

The Observation lounge is open with light snacks at 11:30

The American Diner is open at noon for an additional charge. 

(If you are in the Haven or Concierge rooms, they have private dining rooms for their guests)

Edited by BirdTravels

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Main Dining Rooms Taste and Savor open at noon for seated meals. 

The Local is open at 11:30 (pub style seated restaurant)

The Buffet opens at 11:30. If you go all the way forward, you have spectacular views out the Observation Lounge windows.

The Observation lounge is open with light snacks at 11:30

(If you are in the Haven or Concierge rooms, they have private dining rooms for their guests)

Thank you! 

Also wondering if there are any favorites amongst the free main dining rooms? I have just made most of our reservations for dinner each night in the Manhattan, with only one reservation in each Savor and Taste. My understanding is that Savor and Taste are both opened for lunch on sea days - is that right?

1 minute ago, sailawaybellaluna said:

Thank you! 

Also wondering if there are any favorites amongst the free main dining rooms? I have just made most of our reservations for dinner each night in the Manhattan, with only one reservation in each Savor and Taste. My understanding is that Savor and Taste are both opened for lunch on sea days - is that right?

The 3 MDR's share the same dining room and have the same dinner menus.  We've always preferred the aft restaurant on the other ships, which would be the Manhattan on the Joy.  We ate there twice, but ended up deciding we preferred Taste and Savor this time.  The tables seemed closer together in the Manhattan, and the noise level was worse.  The first time we ate there we ended up with a huge family at the tables next to us (probably 25-30 people, including small kids). We had a great table right by the aft windows, and ended up with 3-4 of the small boys in the family right behind my chair.  The family was very noisy -- lots of talking and laughing, and we literally couldn't hear ourselves thing.  No fault of NCL obviously.  The next night they seated us right by one of the stations where they stage the meals, and again it was hard to carry on a conversation.

We dined at Savor the next time for lunch, and found a waiter who recognized us from a Jewel cruise. He floated between Taste and Savor depending on the meal, and we ended up asking to be seated in his area as he took very good care of us.  I prefer Taste, but the only real difference between those two was the decor.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We sailed the Bliss a couple weeks ago. Is the American Diner on Joy the equivalent (or similar) to Margaritaville on Bliss? 

5 hours ago, BEAV said:

We sailed the Bliss a couple weeks ago. Is the American Diner on Joy the equivalent (or similar) to Margaritaville on Bliss? 

It’s a different menu, but same location with a similar lay out. American Diner replaces Margaritaville on the Joy and the Encore. 

Lobster Roll:

863EB131-A292-4316-AD93-15F28335FE90.thumb.jpeg.13f6fb5cab52c14de47380a45a976608.jpeg

Fried Seafood Basket:

364BA6A6-1C56-4210-8937-39F1B46441C5.thumb.jpeg.ca5935b3125fc2c13a1a300c81b021b9.jpeg

French Dip:

24503BBC-35C9-4D0C-846D-09DEEC86F045.thumb.jpeg.c9943a5c247325670671eb054acfcd09.jpeg

Edited by aero777