Ecstasy sewer smell

Baddabing

I am set to cruise out of Jacksonville Fl on the Ecstasy. I have logged on to numerous Facebook Carnival Ecstasy groups. The only complaint that is consistent on many prior Ecstasy cruises is a terrible poop smell near the elevators, on certain decks and unfortunately many rooms. Since Carnival is aware of this problem you would think they would fix it. Why wait to comp individuals that complain they should fix this problem before they get a class action suit. Anyway had I known before I booked I would have gone out of port Canaveral. I will update when I come back from our cruise. 

1 hour ago, coevan said:

all ships have occasional odors

From the posts I am reading especially off the last two months it's more than occasional. If it's as bad as prior passengers are complaining I'll have the local Jacksonville news look into it.

13 hours ago, Baddabing said:

From the posts I am reading especially off the last two months it's more than occasional. If it's as bad as prior passengers are complaining I'll have the local Jacksonville news look into it.

So just dismiss what the people who have sailed that ship before have to say.  :classic_dry:  
As far as running to the local news...yeah... OK then.  That pretty much said all I need to hear.

• Like 2

It's a boat.

Boats have holding tanks, and sometimes they smell. When you have several thousand people putting waste into tanks, it can be unavoidable at times, as they have to have vents. Any ship, out of any port, can get an odor, it's not just the Ecstasy.

(We live on a boat year round, just the two of us, and it gets a smell once in a while.)

It almost sounds like you have made this your focus, instead of going into it planning on having a good time.

There have also been many positive things said about the Ecstasy. We will be on it for Christmas again, and pre-thinking about the possibility of an occasional odor is the last thing we are doing.

Just like running across someone's left behind fart in a store aisle, walk 20 feet, it'll go away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And sometimes I walk down a hotel corridor and smell someone's overpowering microwaved curry meal.

I don't think the problem is as big as people make it out to be. I've smelled sewer smell very occasionally and it doesn't usually last. I remember on an 8 day cruise, the toilet was a little more stinky than usual at the end, probably because it needed to be dumped. 

I've found that keeping the toilet lid closed at all times helps significantly. 

2 hours ago, obx_fintoo said:

Just off the Ecstasy on 7/15.  We were Riveria deck aft.  Did not notice any smell although the ship is definitely ready for her drydock.  Trying to finish my short review this week.

I'll be looking for your review! We (unknowingly) booked the last cruise on the Ecstasy before it goes into dry dock. We just saw that it was a 7-day cruise out of Jacksonville and booked it because we wanted a long cruise on one of the small ships. But I didn't ask myself, "Why is this ship that usually only does 4- and 5-day cruises going on a 7-day one?"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jessencaitly said:

It's a boat.

Boats have holding tanks, and sometimes they smell. When you have several thousand people putting waste into tanks, it can be unavoidable at times, as they have to have vents. Any ship, out of any port, can get an odor, it's not just the Ecstasy.

(We live on a boat year round, just the two of us, and it gets a smell once in a while.)

It almost sounds like you have made this your focus, instead of going into it planning on having a good time.

There have also been many positive things said about the Ecstasy. We will be on it for Christmas again, and pre-thinking about the possibility of an occasional odor is the last thing we are doing.

Just like running across someone's left behind fart in a store aisle, walk 20 feet, it'll go away.

Well played my friend..... well played! made me spit my tea on the monitor.....🤣

• Like 2