Soda package vs. bringing soda onboard

shanthini

Hello. New to Celebrity and will be on the Eclipse later this month. I was researching the soda package and found a few threads that suggested bringing your own soda onboard. My question is, if I bring my own, can I bring it into the MDR or buffet to drink with my meal? Or is that frowned upon? I've only sailed Disney before and soda was included.

I generally only drink soda with meals, so if I have to purchase the package to do that, will it only be cans regardless of the restaurant, or will I be able to get a fountain beverage anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

we always bring our own soda

there should be no problem bringing it with you to meals

we bring our own wine too and pour a glass in the room to take to the dining room

the drinks packages are very expensive if all you want is a soda with meals.  

water, tea and lemonade are generally available for free.

The soda package is $9/day plus 18% gratuity, not such a good deal if you only drink 2 sodas a day. If you prefer to bring your own case of soda, put a luggage tag on it and leave it with your luggage. It will be delivered to your cabin. You may bring your soda with you anywhere on the ship. 

Both canned and fountain soda are included in the beverage packages.  

There are drink dispensers in the Ocean View Buffet, which contain iced tea, lemonade, punch or juice, depending on the time of day. There is also coffee and hot water for tea and cocoa. Cartons of milk are available, too. Some of those area available in the MDR, too.

1. I always bring my own. 1. I drink pepsi and they serve coke. 2. I started with a drink package but they take so long to deliver that sometimes I did not get it until the meal was over! 3. My can of pepsi holds a table while I run and get food. 

It's lovely not to have to run out of the cabin when you want a drink during the cruise. As mentioned, slap a tag on it and it comes with the luggage.