Cheers Package Drink Plus Float?

737Captain

Better yet, find your favorite bartender and get a "martini" drink without the "tini" (martinis are atleast 2 shots of liquor) and at the same time order a zero proof fruity drink.  Or wait 5 minutes and order an alcoholic fruity drink.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jdoc2007 said:

Better yet, find your favorite bartender and get a "martini" drink without the "tini" (martinis are atleast 2 shots of liquor) and at the same time order a zero proof fruity drink.  Or wait 5 minutes and order an alcoholic fruity drink.

This is genius.

I always order the drink and then tell them will you put me in for a shot for a floater when my 5 minutes is up.  By the time a have a few sips of the drink the shot always arrives.  If you plan to have more than one then I order the shot well before I finish the 1st drink and it is ready to go when I get my refill.

That is the only way I can drink the frozen drinks, way to much filler for the amount of alcohol.

2 hours ago, jdoc2007 said:

That works with vodka, and a virgin drink. Most of the fruity drinks are made with rum, so virgin would be best. Vodka goes with pretty much anything.

Edited by crzndeb

16 hours ago, 737Captain said:

Leaving on Horizon this weekend. I like my fru fru drinks on the strong side. I know you can’t get a drink and a floater on Cheers package but can I get a drink and pay for a floater?

We find tipping the barmaid/bartender a little extra helps. I know gratuities are already taken out when you order your drink, but if we both get a drink we will tip an extra $1 for each. So if you do this 7-10x a day at 7-10 days it will come out to around $50-70 extra dollars for the whole cruise.  Furthermore, we only do this for "our" main barmaid/tenders only. Which means, we will only spend about $30-40 extra, so not too bad for a 7-10 cruise. With all this said, if you do this it will go a long way. For example, on one cruise we did this and around the 5-6th day (sea day) by 10:00 pmish my DW had drank all 15 of her drinks and could not get anymore. I on the other hand was only at 8 drinks for the day (light weight). So our main/favorite barmaid for that cruise would make me a martini (I only drink beer...wink....wink), you get my drift. Before I get roasted about sharing, I would have not done that if the barmaid did not encourage it...LoL besides it was just between my DW and I.