pxy cda

Bermuda Itinerary
Purchase 3 day Bus/Ferry Pass 

Arrival Weds 8am
Ferry to St George Orange route
12pm ducking  reenactment
Lunch (Suggestions?)
Fort St Catherine (20 min tours hourly 1130-230) Canon fired at 2pm
300pm:  Bronco's Stables Horse & Carriage Tours, St George  (1 hour tour) 
Ferry back to ship Orange Route

*Glow Worm tour in evening?

Thursday
Ferry to Hamilton Blue Route (1/2 hour)
Bus 10 or 11 (blue pole) to Aquarium (1/2 hour)
Aquarium @1-2 hour
Bus 10 or 11 (blue pole) to Swizzle (1/2 hour)
Swizzle inn for lunch
Walk to Crystal Cave  @1 1/2 hour
Bus back to Hamilton (pink pole) (either #1 or #2 from crystal or 10 or 11 from Swizzle)
Pink Ferry Tour (1 hour)
Ferry to Ship (blue)

Friday Departure 4pm (mini bus shuttle pp round trip)
Horseshoe Beach (rum bum bar)
Explore Royal Dockyards
Edited by pxy cda
Clarity

You can only buy one or two day transportation passes at the Dockyard, they don’t sell 3 day passes there but all you need for your three day itinerary are two tokens per person for Wednesday,  Thursday  you need a one day transportation pass per person. Friday you need $14 cash per person for the minibus to Horseshoe. A transportation pass would be of no use for you on Friday. You don’t give your dates but the glow worms only display once a month two or three days after the full moon. The bus from Hamilton to the aquarium will be at the bus terminal which is a few blocks from the ferry terminal. Forget about looking for a pole in Hamilton. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Charles,

My DW and I are traveling with  PXY CDA on this cruise,  Can't wait.  We arrive on Oct 16th and we have thought about a glow worm cruise on Ana Luna that night or if there is some where that can see them from land.

John 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theump said:

Charles,

My DW and I are traveling with  PXY CDA on this cruise,  Can't wait.  We arrive on Oct 16th and we have thought about a glow worm cruise on Ana Luna that night or if there is some where that can see them from land.

John 

Ana Luna is a good option but it operates out of Grotto Bay. That is on the other end of Bermuda from the Dockyard so you would need to take a long taxi there and back. BUEI also does Glow Worm Cruises. That is the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute in Hamilton.  https://www.buei.bm/  I don’t see dates on their website so you would have to contact them but I know they have been doing them every month. 

There are places to see on land. One that is close by the Dockyard is the public wharf at Mangrove Bay. That is where H2O Water Sports is located. Below is an article I came across a few days ago about the Glow Worms. I  have not seen the the Glow Worms myself because unfortunately the dates never coincided like your date with my visits like yours do. 

https://www.thebermudian.com/home-a-garden/nature/the-best-places-to-watch-glow-worms/

Edited by Charles4515

On 7/23/2019 at 7:26 PM, pxy cda said:
Bermuda Itinerary

Arrival Weds 8am
Lunch (Suggestions?)
Fort St Catherine (20 min tours hourly 1130-230) Canon fired at 2pm
300pm:  Bronco's Stables Horse & Carriage Tours, St George  (1 hour tour) 
Ferry back to ship Orange Route

*Glow Worm tour in evening?

Thursday
Ferry to Hamilton Blue Route (1/2 hour)
Bus 10 or 11 (blue pole) to Aquarium (1/2 hour)
Aquarium @1-2 hour
Bus 10 or 11 (blue pole) to Swizzle (1/2 hour)
Swizzle inn for lunch
Walk to Crystal Cave  @1 1/2 hour
Bus back to Hamilton (pink pole) (either #1 or #2 from crystal or 10 or 11 from Swizzle)
Pink Ferry Tour (1 hour)
Ferry to Ship (blue)

Friday Departure 4pm (mini bus shuttle pp round trip)
Horseshoe Beach (rum bum bar)
Explore Royal Dockyards

We will also have 3 days in Bermuda. Will you be on the Summit?  I hadn’t thought of doing Horseshoe on Friday, but there would certainly be plenty of time to do so since it’s so close. I guess my fear in putting if off till the last day is weather. Now you are making me rethink our plans. Lol Although another reason we were planning on doing it Wednesday was so that we could go back to the ship to clean up and then ferry to Hamilton for a little shopping and Hamilton Nights.  We are still on the fence about that, mostly because of the long ferry lines I keep reading about. That doesn’t sound like much fun when we could be relaxing on the ship with free food and drinks. My dh seems to think since it will be the last one of the season that they may do something special. 

What is the horse and carriage tour?  Do you just ride around or is there a guide giving you history?

On 7/23/2019 at 7:26 PM, pxy cda said:
Bermuda Itinerary

Arrival Weds 8am
Lunch (Suggestions?)

I can recommend Wahoo's Bistro & Patio (waterfront).  6 of us had dinner there in 2017 and it was fabulous. Every meal was delicious.  Lovely outdoor deck by the water with covered section if you'd rather be out of the sun. The tables in the sun did have umbrellas.  The inside was not much to look at - don't let that fool you.  

https://www.bermuda.com/wahoos-bistro-and-patio/

On 7/26/2019 at 11:04 AM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

What is the horse and carriage tour?  Do you just ride around or is there a guide giving you history?

We are on Serenade in mid October.  We will be there for the glow worm timing.

the Carriage ride is by Bronco Stables.https://www.broncostablesbermuda.com/   or google.   It is a guided carriage ride through Georgetown.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:53 PM, Charles4515 said:

You can only buy one or two day transportation passes at the Dockyard, they don’t sell 3 day passes there but all you need for your three day itinerary are two tokens per person for Wednesday,  Thursday  you need a one day transportation pass per person. Friday you need $14 cash per person for the minibus to Horseshoe. A transportation pass would be of no use for you on Friday. You don’t give your dates but the glow worms only display once a month two or three days after the full moon. The bus from Hamilton to the aquarium will be at the bus terminal which is a few blocks from the ferry terminal. Forget about looking for a pole in Hamilton. 

Thanks for the tips - I was going by the published ferry itinerary which had a 3 day option for $44 so we will have to review your notes on :

image.png.c7b72384a8da1f449ab4e01c2d44e69f.png

1 hour ago, pxy cda said:

Thanks for the tips - I was going by the published ferry itinerary which had a 3 day option for $44 so we will have to review your notes on :

The three day passes do exist, so do the ticket booklets, and other passes on their brochure but they are not sold at the Dockyard. There is no way you could have known that just reading the brochure. That is why I mentioned it. They can be purchased at the Ferry terminal in Hamilton, the bus terminal in Hamilton and at post offices of which there is not one at the Dockyard. In any case you would not need a three day pass, you only need tokens and a one day pass, or a two day pass for the itinerary you posted. The minibuses you plan to take on Friday do not accept the transportation passes. You have to pay the drivers $7 each way pp. 

Edited by Charles4515

the Carriage ride is by Bronco Stables.https://www.broncostablesbermuda.com/   or google.   It is a guided carriage ride through Georgetown.

This looks awesome!  I’m going to see if dh is okay with me booking it. 

Talked to dh and he wants to do it too. How did you book?  I just filled out the contact me form, didn’t know if I needed to call. 

18 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The three day passes do exist, so do the ticket booklets, and other passes on their brochure but they are not sold at the Dockyard. There is no way you could have known that just reading the brochure. That is why I mentioned it. They can be purchased at the Ferry terminal in Hamilton, the bus terminal in Hamilton and at post offices of which there is not one at the Dockyard. In any case you would not need a three day pass, you only need tokens and a one day pass, or a two day pass for the itinerary you posted. The minibuses you plan to take on Friday do not accept the transportation passes. You have to pay the drivers $7 each way pp. 

got it - thanks for the tips!

I saw the last few comments about Bronco Stables so I picked up the phone to call. We were able to make reservations right over the phone. No deposit. And it's $50/person, so the tour will be $150 for us. 

Are you on the 10/13 Serenade roll call? There are 13 of us doing the Ana Luna Glow Worms and I have arranged transportation back to the ship afterwards as a group. Let us know if you book and want to join us on the way back! Head on over to our Roll Call. Post #153

On 7/25/2019 at 4:38 PM, theump said:

Charles,

John 

On 7/27/2019 at 4:29 PM, pxy cda said:

On 7/29/2019 at 7:05 PM, nicstress said:

Are you on the 10/13 Serenade roll call? There are 13 of us doing the Ana Luna Glow Worms and I have arranged transportation back to the ship afterwards as a group. Let us know if you book and want to join us on the way back! Head on over to our Roll Call. Post #153

Hi Nicstress  I will join the roll call.  I let John know that we are good if he is good to join you for the glow worms.  I will let you and John coordinate the transport but it will be 4 extra adults if you can update your arrangements and let us know the cost.  I will work with John to get us booked on with Ana Luna.  Thanks!

On 7/28/2019 at 3:28 PM, keichman said:

I saw the last few comments about Bronco Stables so I picked up the phone to call. We were able to make reservations right over the phone. No deposit. And it's $50/person, so the tour will be $150 for us. 

On 7/28/2019 at 4:41 PM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

She responded to our email. We have reservations set as well. I’m really looking forward to this. Thanks so much!

Glad it worked out for you guys - I need to connect with her as I haven't heard.  I will have to call before my good tips book me out of our ride!  lol

14 minutes ago, pxy cda said:

Glad it worked out for you guys - I need to connect with her as I haven't heard.  I will have to call before my good tips book me out of our ride!  lol

If you’re referring to the horse and carriage ride we are going on Sept. 😌

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, pxy cda said:

Hi Nicstress  I will join the roll call.  I let John know that we are good if he is good to join you for the glow worms.  I will let you and John coordinate the transport but it will be 4 extra adults if you can update your arrangements and let us know the cost.  I will work with John to get us booked on with Ana Luna.  Thanks!

Hi Pxy Cda,

Please respond to my post in the roll call and confirm when you have booked the Ana Luna Glow Worm cruise in October. 

On 7/30/2019 at 7:12 PM, pxy cda said:

Crystal did get back to us and we have our ride booked at 3pm.  This is perfect as I think after the ride we will have time for a quick snack and hoping to join nicstress on the glow worm tour (just waiting on our friends to confirm)

• Like 1

Thanks all for the input and invites.  I am thinking I need to swap my days so we are closer to Grotto Bay on day one to catch the glow worm tour.  So here is the revised itinerary:

bermuda.png

Thanks all for the input and invites.  I am thinking I need to swap my days so we are closer to Grotto Bay on day one to catch the glow worm tour.  So here is the revised itinerary:

bermuda.png

Ferry to Wednesday morning to Hamilton first run you can make is 9:30. Next run one is 10:15.  

Not sure if you mean what it seems how you are timing it but the Swizzle Inn is only a few minutes walk from the Caves. You are going to have a lot of time between Swizzle and Grotto.  Likely you won’t spend more than hour at the Swizzle Inn. Also you might want to do only one of the caves, Crystal Cave. Truth be told the caves are somewhat overhyped. If you have ever been to a US cave you might be underwhelmed. What you could do if there is a lot of time after the caves is check out Blue Hole. Or spend more time in Hamilton, have lunch in Hamilton and have dinner at the Swizzle Inn.