Comparison of Carn. Imagination to Princess

SPARKY12

Plusses and minuses:

Princess - the room steward makes sure they introduce themselves as soon as you're in the room and give you a 15 minute talk about the ship etc. On Carnival we didn't see her until the lifeboat drill had started. She didn't explain anything at all about the room or ship. Our friends requested a wake up call on Carn., never got it.

Food - Better on Princess, but nothing to rave about.

Many of the deck chairs were broken on Carnival, when are they going to spend a few bucks to replace them? But the Imagination is 10 years old and the Princess ships I were on were less than a year old.

Carnival has a great caribbean band playing on the pool deck every day from noon to 5, Princess has one guy singing to recorded music for 2 hours a day. No partying at all.

Carnival did not have a retractable roof over their one and only large pool

I wondered what people did when it rained. Princess had 2 huge pools, one all enclosed and air conditioned, if you didn't want to bake in the sun.

Carnival seemed to have a ton of smokers, didn't notice this on Princess, also the passengers on Princess seemed higher class. Think some trailer trash vs middle and upper incomes. But not the majority on Carnival.

Carnival didn't have any chaise lounges on the side of the ship if you wanted some shade. Shade was very hard to find. Princess had a great outdoor promanade deck the entire length of the ship. They also had a much better jogging track.

But I prefer Carnival for the party atmosphere and great nightlife, after 10 on princess there will only be a handful of people awake.

Plusses and minuses:

Princess - the room steward makes sure they introduce themselves as soon as you're in the room and give you a 15 minute talk about the ship etc. On Carnival we didn't see her until the lifeboat drill had started. She didn't explain anything at all about the room or ship. Our friends requested a wake up call on Carn., never got it.

Food - Better on Princess, but nothing to rave about.

Many of the deck chairs were broken on Carnival, when are they going to spend a few bucks to replace them? But the Imagination is 10 years old and the Princess ships I were on were less than a year old.

Carnival has a great caribbean band playing on the pool deck every day from noon to 5, Princess has one guy singing to recorded music for 2 hours a day. No partying at all.

Carnival did not have a retractable roof over their one and only large pool

I wondered what people did when it rained. Princess had 2 huge pools, one all enclosed and air conditioned, if you didn't want to bake in the sun.

Carnival seemed to have a ton of smokers, didn't notice this on Princess, also the passengers on Princess seemed higher class. Think some trailer trash vs middle and upper incomes. But not the majority on Carnival.

Carnival didn't have any chaise lounges on the side of the ship if you wanted some shade. Shade was very hard to find. Princess had a great outdoor promanade deck the entire length of the ship. They also had a much better jogging track.

But I prefer Carnival for the party atmosphere and great nightlife, after 10 on princess there will only be a handful of people awake.

You've convinced me I am not missing anything on Carnival.

The party life we can pass on. We usually want to be sane and sober for the next day's port activities. Interesting your comments on lounges. We have had some great pool bands on our Princess cruises.

One thing you did not comment on was the decor. The Carnival decor I have seen in people's pictures seem awful loud and gawdy to my taste. :D

Archived