Pre-Booking Restaurants and Shows

Dreams42Day

I booked a cruise on the Getaway through Costco travel. One of my perks was the dining perk at 3 specialty restaurants. When they are available to book, can I just book them on the app? How do I note that they are being booked using this perk (so that I don't get charged)? 

You can book 120 days out (130 if you are in a suite).

The system knows you have the package, but you actually tell the staff when you turn up how you will be paying.

As the system knows you have the package then it won’t charge you the cover charge for places like Moderno or Teppenyaki. It gets a bit more complicated if you are booking more meals than you have credits for.

the link in my signature gives all the detail.

You can also book some of the shows in advance via the website but ncl.com has been kinda twitchy lately so you may have to make several attempts before your reservation "sticks".  You won't be able to make Headliners Comedy Club reservations via the web; you'll have to wait till you're on board.  Make them ASAP as they fill up quickly either in person at the ticket office on Deck 6 or via the touch screens about the ship or on your cabin TV.  HINT: get the NCL app for your phone before your cruise & you can make your dinner, show, etc. reservations in the cruise ship terminal while you're waiting to board.

Hope you have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, tomk3212 said:

HINT: get the NCL app for your phone before your cruise & you can make your dinner, show, etc. reservations in the cruise ship terminal while you're waiting to board.

You can also book Tenders from the App in the terminal.  But, note that you may have to walk over near to the ship to get an adequate WiFi link to log in.

The ability to connect to the ships wifi and therefore make reservations etc from the terminal isn't guaranteed, and it doesn't work at every port. I would say that I have had about 50% success rate when I have seen if I could connect.

@HuliHuli @KeithJenner My experience(s) with the app are in the NYC cruise ship port; I probably should have made that clearer so thanks!  The ship's WiFi radio signal there is pretty strong.  As long as you're near the window or the wall facing the ship you should be good-to-go.  I've sat there for the past 3 or 4 cruises out of NYC on the Get- & Breakaway & connected with each ship's respective WiFi network quite easily.

19 minutes ago, tomk3212 said:

@HuliHuli @KeithJenner My experience(s) with the app are in the NYC cruise ship port; I probably should have made that clearer so thanks!  The ship's WiFi radio signal there is pretty strong.  As long as you're near the window or the wall facing the ship you should be good-to-go.  I've sat there for the past 3 or 4 cruises out of NYC on the Get- & Breakaway & connected with each ship's respective WiFi network quite easily.

Fully concur.  My experience is NYC and Port Canaveral

2 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

You can also book Tenders from the App in the terminal.  But, note that you may have to walk over near to the ship to get an adequate WiFi link to log in.

How do you know if a particular port is a tender port?

Great Stirrup Cay is a tender port as currently there is no pier there.  When we called at Grand Cayman Island, we likewise had to tender into port from a remote location due weather.  Basically you need to research your ports.