5 day vs 7 days

SPARKY12

Just got back from a 5 day/night cruise. I thought it would be too short, but I liked it as well as the 7 days plus. We partied the night before in south beach, and had another 5 nights of partying/entertainment/over eating on the ship, so 6 nights was plenty for us. The 2 sea days and 2 port days were just right also. Any more sun and I would have been really baked. Minimal shade on the Imagination.

I much prefer the five-nighters. Seven is just a little bit too long for me. I think it's better because they're usually Mon-Sat, so not as many kiddies on board as ones that go through a wknd.

We think 5-7 days is too short. On the 7 dayers we first went on it seemed we were just getting into it when it came time to leave. So we tried 10 days and 7 day B2B and felt that was much better. Because we were usually flying cross country or extended (8-15 hr) flights, it did not seem worth spending that much time traveling and turning around so quickly.

I could understand a 5-7 day being worthwhile if no extended travel (more than 1 or 2 hr flight) is involved. ;)

Archived