Hurray for NCL customer service!!

Lotteryfan

I have been reading these boards for the past few months and unfortunately, I read a lot of negative comments about the NCL customer service. Granted, I'm sure that many of the gripes are legitimate. However, I'm here to start a new thread about how great the NCL customer service is. Hopefully some of you will join in with your positive experiences to balance the sheet, so to speak.

I last sailed on NCL in 1988 after speaking with NCL customer service I was told that I could be a Latitude member if I fax some kind of proof that I had sailed with them before. About a week after faxing them a picture and telling them about the ship I was on and about the ports of call, I received my Latitudes numbers, and a cheaper price on the cruise. Fast forward to a recent rebooking situation to get an even cheaper rate and I was told that the refunded original deposit would take up to two billing cycles. It took less than ten days. So three cheers for NCL customer service. Its not easy dealing with people like us.

I think it's great (and only fair) that this thread be started--thank you!

I also know that there are a lot of legitimate gripes out there about NCL customer service ... but I personally have never had anything but satisfying experiences with them, so I think at times they are a bit unfairly maligned.

I don't have any interesting or specific story ... but that can be a good thing too! If I were unhappy about something I'd be sure to mention it! ;)

Thank you Lotteryfan for starting this thread. I have been following the threads about NCL and their customer service for awhile. We booked the Star in January from NCL directly, paid up front, received our documents and then had some questions. We called, the call was answered on the second ring, the questions were answered, and we were very happy. We again called to order an anniversary package, the call was answered on the second ring and the order was made, an email was sent and when the phone call was complete, the email had arrived in our box. The woman we spoke to also notice an extra charge on our account and took that off and then call corporate office to make sure it went through to the computers. We received a call last Monday and were offered an upsell to a penthouse which we took. All in all we are very pleased with the customer service we have received.

It's kind of like business.....so often you only hear the complaints, and not the praise. People call in with complaints, but when they are happy they don't often tell you so. When someone offers a great service, I try to be prompt in calling them to tell them what a great job their company did, or a specific employee. Without feedback like that from the customers (good OR bad) often, the employer never knows.

Thanks for starting this thread. I am a very satisfied NCL customer who has had no problems with customer service.

Hikini:D

I have also not had a problem in the many instances when I've called for various reasons. Of course there was an "on hold" delay when I was calling after the hurricane damage caused them to have so much extra workload, and then another damaged their own offices. Other than those times, I have gotten through quite quickly, and always had my questions or issues handled promtly and professionally. :)

I can speak from my experience with NCL customer service and have been very pleased. We were on the rogue wave cruise and had no cabin for 18 hours because it was flooded. We lost alot of personal belonging that were water damaged and some of the items were broken. After several attempts with customer service and then with Colin Veitch they sent me a check to cover the cost of the damaged items. (I was a little disappointed that I did not receive the full value but they did the best that they could). They were very courteous and helpful. We have traveled on other lines and this is by far the best!!!

Joanne

Have had many dealings with NCL customer service and just emailed again with a question yesterday and had an email answer today - they have always been good to deal with. In the process of booking out 7th cruise with them.

NCL has my vote (so far and knock on wood) for good customer service also. Have never had a problem, but like all big business, there will be those employees who seem to skim through the radar and give customer service a bad name. Of course we can also mention the 'customers' themselves who are the whining hard to please types also. No flames, I know there are legitimate problems with any business, but this is certainly possible in some cases.

For myself I know I'd be a frustrated employee if I got phone calls about missed ports because the water was too rough and wanted my money back.

Again, no flames please, I know people have legitimate problems, this is just an exaggerated example of what can happen 'sometimes'.

Just like my job or any for that fact. We always here what we do wrong but nobody (well very few) ever call and tell you you got it right. I guess that is expected.

I never had a problem with C.S. on any of the lines I've cruised.

I am sure some if not many have had customer service problems with NCL as well as other lines. As a TA I have one company that I never wanted to business with cause of the horrible experiences I had with their customer service. Now, I have a few clients that love the line so I have no choice. It is not my decision to decide who someone should cruise with. Because they are loyal the particular line I deal with the customer service and resv dept quite often. In the past 6 months I can honestly say I have changed my mind about the line. I think we all have to realize not everyone loves their job and yes, sometimes things don't go smoothly; sometimes the person you deal with isn't well enough informed. this is true with all businesses.

After Katrina I had a very unhappy client who wanted to cancel her cruise 2 weeks out. Of course she would have taken a terrible beating as she had booked 3 balcony cabins. She called customer service and was told I had to make the call: I had already told her that. When I called I was told all supervisors were busy but one would call me back. Within an hour I got a return call. Could anything be done for my client? Of course not, but the supervisor, who was very busy a the time was as pleasant as she could be. Many times the problems are miscomunication (spelling as usual) or attitudes that put people on the defensive. Just my opinion on the subject. NMNItaf the s

I too have had good experiences with NCL customer service. I've never had to hang on the phone an un-reasonable amount of time. I also have received good customer service from Princess Cruise line too.

Both cruiselines, answered questions fine. Follow-ups were also made in a timely fashion.

The problem is that positive experiences are NOT heard most of the time and the negative ones are often heard too loud and given too much time trying to make things right or explain.

I agree, thanks for this thread too:)

Great thread. It's sure nice to hear some positive feedback about NCL customer service. We've never had any major problems with them, but I believe it can happen with just about any company you deal with. They have always been very pleasant and helpful when we've called. I guess there are always a few grumps on both sides of the fence.

Jackie :cool:

Archived