Concierge Service for Platinum guests?

pacey50

5 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Yes, I was one of the first pax in the area and there was only 15 of us when they came in to take a count.  They allowed to board as a group around 11:15. None of the bars were open except Mixx, lol.  Had my first ever lemon drop martini there. 

Did they have the buffet set up in the little room when you boarded in May?  Most I talked to seemed to think it was first time they'd seen/used it.

No buffet, just the more comfy seating that used to be for Haven.  (Haven had some nice new couches/chairs!)   And in May it wasn't in a separate room.  I wonder if they are using one of the prior Haven waiting lounges?

I just turned platinum after our last cruise so I have not been able to try that perk. I have stayed in suites and I do believe that the concierge services have a definite pecking order - starting with the haven suites and then to the lower suites and then any time leftover for the platinum and above guests. I have used their services very occasionally to make dinner reservations on past cruises but that is all - most of the time I just do that stuff on my own.

Next month will be my first cruise at the Platinum level, I’ve been curious about this too.. I did notice that the FAQ is very vague about this question and tells you to go to the cruise next desk. I will definitely do this and post the results. I’ll also ask the officers at the meet and greet if we have one. 

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/how-do-i-find-out-details-concierge-service-priority-restaurant-and-entertainment-seating-priori

If you are platinum you 'can' get concierge service, but it's usually not worth the time and effort.  The concierge is very busy handling the suite/vip guests and has a vested 'tip' interest in doing a great job.  Some platinum guest not in a suite, will very rarely tip a concierge.  That is the main reason access to the concierge is very guarded for non-suite guests.