Hello Lisa

I can hear the groan already but I am going to ask anyway.

I get it, Celebrity is there to turn a profit.  I'm not disputing that.  What I do find a bit exorbitant is the cover charges for speciality dining and the grill (or whatever it is called).

Going back to the older times, the speciality dining was $20 per head and when you had Bistro  on 5, which was excellent, there was a nominal $5 cover charge.  This was fair, Ok I get costs have risen a little but surely not by over 100%.  Whacking the charge from $20 to $45 appears to me as a means to price out the lower end demographics.  When I book for my family to come on a cruise, I have paid for an evening meal.  To add $45 per person on top comes across as ... well... greedy and money grabbing.  Likewise with the Sushi Bar, $30 ????  For a family, who has worked hard, saved and likes to cruise, these costs are over priced and it is forcing some of your market to not bother.  My question is this:

Have you run the model of halving the cover charge and increasing the volume of people coming in through the doors?  I think you would generate more revenue this way and it may help

to break down the sense of elitism that I  believe (IMHO) is starting to grow.  

Thanks for your answer.

• Like 3

To put the above post into perspective, Dinner on the Edge has recently been increased to $95 per head. My local Michelin Star restaurant charges the equivalent of $98 per head for a three course dinner. In short, specialty dining does not look like good value to foodies. 

https://www.fischers-baslowhall.co.uk/menu-listing/dinner/classicmenu/

• 3 weeks later...