Scootaround Rental on Royal Ships

Has anyone rented a mobility scooter recently from Scootaround?  I am thinking of renting from them.  When I spoke to them they said they deliver the GOGO SPORT model to RC ships.  Have you any feedback on this scooter?   Can you tell me how well this handles on the ship and in ports.  (The rep did say it fits in the cabin.)  I would like to know how well it takes the ramp on and off the ship, how well it fits through the ship's corridors and in the small cabins.  (The rep did say it fit in the cabin but I would like first hand feedback.)  Did you have any difficulty taking it apart if needed?

Thank you for all if you can provide as much info as possible☺️  

9 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

Has anyone rented a mobility scooter recently from Scootaround?  I am thinking of renting from them.  When I spoke to them they said they deliver the GOGO SPORT model to RC ships.  Have you any feedback on this scooter?   Can you tell me how well this handles on the ship and in ports.  (The rep did say it fits in the cabin.)  I would like to know how well it takes the ramp on and off the ship, how well it fits through the ship's corridors and in the small cabins.  (The rep did say it fit in the cabin but I would like first hand feedback.)  Did you have any difficulty taking it apart if needed?

Thank you for all if you can provide as much info as possible☺️  

Hi, I have never hired a scooter for using onboard the ships, but I usually take my own, which is a GoGo sport (mine is the 4 wheel version).   I have used this on numerous occasions onboard, it manages the ramps on and off the ships, but there's always some of the staff there to ensure there are no problems getting on and off the ship.  The corridors are easy to manoeuvre, even with the trolley carts sitting outside cabins, there's usually still enough room to get past.   The only problem I've had is turning it to get it into the cabin (we don't always have accessible cabins), but it will go in, and there's room inside the cabin for moving around if the bed is next to the balcony.   If you decide to take it apart, that is quite easy too, the model I have breaks into 5 separate pieces and makes it easier for storing in the cabin.

Hope you have a good trip.

I used on May 4-11 on Symphony. Was the best choice we could have made. We didn’t know I would be wheelchair bound until just before the cruise. A friend boarded before us, sent a text with the info. DH called, paid the week & no insurance for possibly being stolen. I rode it into San Juan, without issues. Will see if I can upload a picture mine had 2 wheels. I’ve uploaded a picture of the company and number. Very happy with them and would do again. 

984BC397-2B86-43FB-B306-04890E5A92CF.jpeg

I rented two from Special Needs At Sea and had no issues with them... 

I will say they are speedy little buggers!! I borrowed my moms after twisting my ankle on an excursion. I took it down to fill up a soda and get some pizza (on Anthem) She had the speed turned way down, so I changed the speed.... BIG mistake!! I almost flung myself off turning a corner. I can laugh now but it was kind of scary!! 

Just take that as a word of warning... start off at the lowest speed and work your way up.
(Side note, 10 years ago I spent 2 years in a wheelchair and scooter so I wasn't a newbie to it)