WIFI on Oceania

molemaui

On 8/3/2019 at 8:21 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

We had no WiFi issues while we were on the Sirena and Nautica, 2 of their smaller ships, last year. 

Glad to know wifi is good on Sirena since I'll be taking my son on it in January.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AtA said:

Actually both parties have to be logged into wifi to not get any additional charges. If you're not logged into wifi and you take a call, you will be charged additional fees from your carrier. (Ask me how I found that out!)

You forgot to quote this part of my post:

If OP were to call someone’s cell phone he may not be charged for a wifi call but perhaps the recipient of the call might be charged as they are out of the country? I don’t have the answer

I suppose whether or how much they get charged may vary with what type of international plan they have or what provider or SIM card they use?

I don’t have all these answers but I do know for a fact that I was able to make free calls from the ship on my iPad and iPhone while on wifi.

21 hours ago, Paulchili said:

You forgot to quote this part of my post:

If OP were to call someone’s cell phone he may not be charged for a wifi call but perhaps the recipient of the call might be charged as they are out of the country? I don’t have the answer

I suppose whether or how much they get charged may vary with what type of international plan they have or what provider or SIM card they use?

I don’t have all these answers but I do know for a fact that I was able to make free calls from the ship on my iPad and iPhone while on wifi.

Absolutely you can make free calls through wifi. However if both parties are on the ship, then both parties would need to have their wifi enabled so as not to be charged additional international charges.