No Docs and leaving 2/19

2boyzmom

We had the same problem. We were told by Norwegian and our online agency that we did not need docs or luggage tags as long as we had registered on NCL online and had a copy of this. They did have all our info when I called NCL Customer Service, who were much more helpful than our agent. We pestered our agent after reading these boards and finding out that NCL issues E-Documents to the agents which they usually, in turn, send to their customers. The agent complained that they did not know the documents were there because NCL did not inform her. So with some effort, she found them and we finally got her to email them to us this week even though they had been sent to the travel agency days after we originally booked in Dec. for a Feb. cruise. We do not have luggage tags, however, and will have to get them at the pier. We did not have the reporting time or place in writing, etc. and if we did not read this stuff hidden inside at the NCL website or on these CC boards, we would have known nothing. Even then, we were not comfortable getting on a plane and travelling cross country with out more than a sheet of paper we printed from the computer and the word of a fledgling travel agent. Good luck.

We had the same problem. We were told by Norwegian and our online agency that we did not need docs or luggage tags as long as we had registered on NCL online and had a copy of this. They did have all our info when I called NCL Customer Service, who were much more helpful than our agent. We pestered our agent after reading these boards and finding out that NCL issues E-Documents to the agents which they usually, in turn, send to their customers. The agent complained that they did not know the documents were there because NCL did not inform her. So with some effort, she found them and we finally got her to email them to us this week even though they had been sent to the travel agency days after we originally booked in Dec. for a Feb. cruise. We do not have luggage tags, however, and will have to get them at the pier. We did not have the reporting time or place in writing, etc. and if we did not read this stuff hidden inside at the NCL website or on these CC boards, we would have known nothing. Even then, we were not comfortable getting on a plane and travelling cross country with out more than a sheet of paper we printed from the computer and the word of a fledgling travel agent. Good luck.

Just called NCL. Spoke to a nice guy who said E-Docs were sent to my TA on December 11th! He said he'll send me a copy of the e-docs within 30 minutes. I have been fighting with my TA for days to do this! This will be the last time I use that online agency.

Mine came yesterday and I'm leaving the 12th of March ! Call NCL immediately and get the truth' date=' otherwise you might be in trouble. GOOD LUCK.

Jen[/quote']

Don't believe this post for an instant. If you have a confirmation number and especially if you have registered online, docs are not absolutely necessary. You may have a few more minutes at the check in counter than most, but you will still get onboard.

If all is in order, with the exception of the documentation in hand, you are not in trouble and will be fine.

pier pick up used to be more common than now: E docs have often replaced them, but I understand your concern. I would check with NCL. I don't think you have anything to be concerned about, but having them in your hands does make things a whole lot easier. Good luck and don't lose any sleep over the docs. NMNita

Archived