Sun AC Penthouse Questions

vllygrrl

Does anyone have pictures of the AC penthouse on the Sun? We were just visited by the upsell fairy! From what I've read, the bedroom is seperated from the living area, which will be a blessing with our two year-old in tow...I'm hoping that we can still enjoy our room while he's sleeping in the bedroom. Is there a door that seperates the bedroom, or just a curtain? All the sites seem to have pictures available for the AD, AB and AA, but not the AC. I'm a little frustrated, because I'm normally pretty good with finding this information!

Any info on the Sun AC would be greatly appreciated, especially pictures!

Thank you for your help!!!

We were on the Sun a few years ago in an AC Penthouse...the upsell fairy visited us too...and LOVED it! Can't remember if we were in 8077 or 9077 but it was great. I didn't take any pics of the cabin itself but took a ton of them off the balcony. Here's what I remember though...

Living room area was a good size and the sofa converts to a bed. There was an entertainment (term used loosely) area with tv/dvd player (call the concierge to bring up some dvd's if you want...my kids kept them busy with doing that) with a sliding door out onto a very, very nice sized balcony. Past the living room in the master bedroom with a heck of a lot more closet space then a typical cabin. There is a door that separates the living room from the bedroom area. If I remember correctly the master bedroom also had a larger sized tv in there. The bathroom was beautiful. Separate vanity area to do your hair/makeup, shower, bathtub, toilet in it's own little room. All in all that cabin spoiled the heck out of us and now we always debate if we should go for the suite or not. You'll love it!

We were on the Sun 3/2005 in an AC on the 9th deck. The 9th deck is THE BEST! It's the only AC deck with cabins both above and below. The Balcony is to die for. We had 8 of us out there at sail away without any problems. Here are some pictures that hopepfully will help. You are correct, there are doors that separate the bedroom from the living area. Both areas have sliding glass doors that lead out to the balcony. My only complaint was the closet and clothes storage areas. If you're traveling with kids it's not the most convenient, but it was a minor problem. I'll forwarn you, I came home and had to buy a sound machine with waves so I could fall asleep. I kind of got used to falling alseep to the wake of the ship with the blaconly doors open at night! Enjoy, the AC is a wonderful cabin!

266140311_MasterBedroom.JPG.fe48c0b654b617ab38f2faec3c60ab85.JPG

252405603_LivingRoom.JPG.5e18cf18d5b50281cd6ebba5d0ebb61c.JPG

995963457_AWESOMEBalcony.JPG.965b23033afb771198ed39ef5b67f9f6.JPG

We are on the 9th deck also (AC) aft Sun, our cruise is in April 06. My question is, does this room have a table and chairs for dinning. Also is that an conecting room door I see in the pic, my sister and husband have the room next to us. I have a bet with my wife that is does, I could used the $5.

John

PS, I can wait, we need a vacation !!!

We are on the 9th deck also (AC) aft Sun, our cruise is in April 06. My question is, does this room have a table and chairs for dinning. Also is that an connecting room door I see in the pic, my sister and husband have the room next to us. I have a bet with my wife that is does, I could used the $5.

John

PS, I can wait, we need a vacation !!!

Winner - 9077 connecting cabin :rolleyes:

Cabin 9076

• Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Crib (2)
  • Aft Section
  • Port Side
  • Private Balcony (1)
  • Bathtub (1)
  • Whirlpool (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Convertible Double Sofa Bed (1)
  • Balcony Square Footage (119)
  • Cabin Square Footage (363)
  • Duvet
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Butler Service
  • Concierge
  • Sitting Area
  • Connecting Room (9077)
  • Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (1)
  • Pier aft
  • Shower (1)
  • Sprinklers
  • Internet access (1)
  • Separate Bedroom

Hi mrsbooger, i see that u were on the Sun in March of last year in an AC suite. My husband and i will be in an AC Suite April 8th (can't wait). I have a 5 dollar bet with him that there is no dinning table in the room. Can u help me win this bet ??? I could use the 5 dollars to buy a cocktail

thank u for your help

minimom

I just came back from 01/21 sun cruise. We had 10th deck. 0265 Ac aft. Loved the room. The pics look the same from our room. Yes it does have a connecting room. There is a table with 2 chairs. We ate breakfast every morning with plenty of space. Any questions I can answer for you just let me know.

We were just visited by the upsell fairy!

Thank you for your help!!!

We are going on the Sun March 18th, and I am hoping for an upsell to a mini suite. If you don't mind sharing, what offer did they make?

I informed my TA that I am interested in an upsell, she said she is checking weekly to see if they started the upsells for our cruise.

Am I going to miss out on an upsell opportunity by going through a TA?

Thanks,

NJLVW

Thanks for the info. I'm in 0265 on the April first cruise and can't wait. I also booked 0266, the adjoining room for my son, DIL and two grandsons, 0264 around the starboard corner for my other two sons, and 0263 for my wife's ex-inlaws:eek:

What perks did you use regularly? Could you order up full dinners to your suite?

Thanks in advance.

Nicky -

We paid $300 total for my husband, myself and my son to upgrade, however we were already in an AD suite (got a great deal when we booked, using the credit from the Dawn's big wave). I'm not sure if that helps at all. We just took the upgrade because it happens to connect with the aft BE balcony my in-laws have, and the benefit of having a door to the bedroom!

cmdchiefthom

We used Anca the concierge. She was awesome.. Henry & Rommell were the 2 butlers. Took advantage breakfast every morning. We did have dinner 1 evening in room. You could order off specialty restaurant at additional charge. We preferenced to eat in the restaurants.

Perks on arrival were flowers, champagne fruit and every day a snack. The whirpool was wonderful. Very relaxing at the end of your day. You will also have priority tender tickets if you have to tender. You also get to borrow movies from a list from concierge. My list goes on and on. I loved it. The view from the balcony is out of this world. You also don't have a lot of wind coz you are on the back of the ship. Enjoy.. I would do it again in a minute..

Thanks for the info.

Since they wanted to charge us $2000 extra to upgrade to a mini suite, we decided to get my MOL an inside room by herself. That was already $678 extra. But I am happy with that arrangement, DH and I in our own cabin and MOL in hers.

They ended up giving her the interior superior. We might switch with her since that cabin is 191 sq ft! Don't know how I would like not seeing the daylight in the morning though.

Archived