New Balcony rooms on Navigator

My niece and I will be cruising on the Navigator for the January 13th, 2020 sailing (4 night Perfect Day Bahamas).  We're still deciding which room to book...there are plenty left, so we have time.  Has anyone been in any of the new balcony rooms at the front of the ship yet?  I was wondering if it was too windy on the balconies at the very front/tip of the ship.  The view is probably great, but if the wind, or noise from the wind, is too much, it may not be worth it.  Does anyone have any pix of any of these rooms?  Or of the ship's front from the outside?  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

According to the deck plans I've seen, some of the new rooms on deck 11 and 12  are listed as balconies.  Also, when I search for availability and select "ocean view with balcony", some of the rooms come up.

OK, I tool a look at the deck plans and it looks like deck 11 has forward facing balconies, but deck 12 does not.

• Like 1

I was in a Junior Suite on the corner of deck 11 and while the room was great and the balcony was huge, I would not stay in one of these again. The view is limited with the bridge structure right underneath you and there is glass to protect you from the wind which you have to look through to see the ocean.

I do believe there are some new balconies on this deck that are on the side of the ship which would probably be a better option.

So, I've been looking up pictures of this part of the ship to see what the newer balconies (deck 11)that are more on the side look like.  I zoomed in on one, and it shows 5 porthole windows in the area where 7 balcony rooms should be.  I may be looking at an older picture, but I am definitely looking at deck 11, because it is the same level as the solarium.  Maybe I'll look up other redone ships in this class to get an idea.  They should pretty much be the same.

We had Cabin 1106 and it was absolutely fantastic. We booked it again along with 1108 for my daughter and SIL. Our friends booked 1154. Our neighbors in 1104 allowed us in to see their cabin as they also wanted to see ours. We didn’t have any problems with the wind and it’s great to catch sun. The breeze was perfect and it wasn’t loud. We had breakfast on the balcony each morning and loved being out there at night. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2019 at 4:58 AM, C_hasRedBottoms said:

We had Cabin 1106 and it was absolutely fantastic. We booked it again along with 1108 for my daughter and SIL. Our friends booked 1154. Our neighbors in 1104 allowed us in to see their cabin as they also wanted to see ours. We didn’t have any problems with the wind and it’s great to catch sun. The breeze was perfect and it wasn’t loud. We had breakfast on the balcony each morning and loved being out there at night. 

Would you happen to have any pictures of 1106 cabin and balcony?

Is there much of a covered area over the balcony?