On board Communication & Hard Selling of Bev Packages

Currently on the Summit. The ship looks amazing. 

I haven’t sailed Celebrity since 2001 so it is nice to return. I just sailed Azamara a month ago and realize they are a notch above Celebrity so I am trying not to compare.

So far one thing has been noticeable and that is onboard communication. It looks like there are no longer any directories in the room. Wanted to call room service and couldn’t find a way to do that. Phone was mislabeled in the room so room service rings guest services and the number they gave is not correct. Never found a way to contact room service. 

Very limited instructions on how to sign in to the included internet and nothing was explained at pier check-in. Guest services was able to assist.

Would be helpful to have a directory in the room with basic info and telephone extensions.

I noticed too the hard sell of beverage package or upgrades. I realize this happens on all mass market lines and is necessary to keep fares down and increase onboard revenue. The only negative on this celebrity cruise is if I say no thanks it’s not being honored by almost all crew members. They keep on engaging with me after I politely say I am not interested. 

Not trying to complain just wanted to give you some feedback. Thank you for your time.

Edited by nycruiser80
  • Like 2

Hello Cool Cruiser, 

In our onboard sustainability efforts, we try not use paper whenever possible onboard whenever possible.  I will pass your comment along to the team and see if perhaps we can do a directory on the app to make it accessible.  Of course, the stateroom attendant can also assist when possible. 

As for the beverage packages, there are packages available for any need or budget and of course, you are welcome to purchase a la carte. 

Thanks for your comments and question, have a great day!