Carnival cancelling Antigua port of call

msk1955

I have just read a couple of articles which state that Carnival has cancelled Antigua as a port of call on its Caribbean cruises.  P & O is still including this island in its itineraries for 2020.  What do people think of the chances that P & O will drop this island also?  Don't want to book a shore excursion to find that we aren't calling there any more!

Apparently HAL and Seabourn (Carnival owned) have also pulled Antigua.  It seems to possibly be a protest at increased charges following a new concession being won by Global Ports Handling to run and expand the port in Antigua.  Apparently the same company is now running Nassau cruise port too.

Re your excursions, P&O and almost any independent supplier will not normally charge if the ship does not call in to that port.

• 1 month later...

Its my husbands 40th birthday the day we'll be in Antigua this December; I do hope this port is still on the itinerary as I'm booking the extreme circumnavigation as a private tour independent of P&O. Does anyone know how I would find out prior to boarding if the Brit will still be going to Antigua?

3 hours ago, JimJam39 said:

Its my husbands 40th birthday the day we'll be in Antigua this December; I do hope this port is still on the itinerary as I'm booking the extreme circumnavigation as a private tour independent of P&O. Does anyone know how I would find out prior to boarding if the Brit will still be going to Antigua?

They sometimes send out letter/emails before sailing. Equally quick in these days to keep an eye on some of the American line boards and see how many of them are cancelling. Or if you are booking a private tour the operator should be able to tell you nearer the time if they have heard about cancellations of call. We never book private tours we have to pay in advance.

On 9/9/2019 at 3:44 AM, JimJam39 said:

According to the Antigua & Barbuda Port Authority website, Britannia is still scheduled to call there on the 3rd,17th and 31st December.  They are also listing calls by Aida, Princess and one HAL ship, which are all in the Carnival stable.  Here is the link: http://berth.anuport.com/Web/view-calendar.php.

Hope that's helpful.