Talkeetna Treasures Cruisetour IB

ascho

I am booked on this 3 day pre cruise tour which includes a 4.5 hour Denali Natural History tour.  For $75 per person, I can upgrade to the Tundra Wilderness Tour that lasts 6-8.5 hours depending on what wildlife we see.  Obviously, there is no guarantee we see any wildlife and because we are on rough roads, they use school buses.  My question is, has anyone been on this tour and how bad is it with the school buses?  Which excursion should I pick?

I can't speak to the Natural History tour, but I really enjoyed the Tundra Wilderness Tour.  You go sooo much further into the park.  We saw quite a few animals including a Grizzly mama and her twins (admittedly they were very far away, bring binoculars or at least a zoom lens for your camera).  The buses are what they are.  Not horrible, but the only choice you have, so just roll with it.  I will say the roads are very narrow and often there is a sheer drop on one side.  

Absolutely upgrade to the Tundra Wilderness Tour.  We've done it twice and will be returning next year. The busses are not bad and they have screens and a camera so that the driver can zoom in on animals that are far away. There are a number of rest stops along the way. Here's photos from our 1st 2 trips.

ALASKA MOOSE 2.JPG

ALASKA MT SHEEP.JPG

• Like 1