Christmas Day cruise on dream

Hi Everyone 

Hope you are all well. 

Just a bit of background, we have cruised the Dream many times, love her. Also Ex1 D1and 2 and the last sailing on the IE. We are looking to do the cruise on the dream flying out on Christmas Day. We normally have a cabin on deck 9 outside /outside + as it is close to everything, my opinion only. My question is if I waited until nearer the time and did not mind having an inside (for the first time) do you think the price would come down to what is for the beginning of Dec and how will I know when the ship is nearly full. 

Thanks

We always take an outside + on the dream but for our last cruise we took an inside for the first time and would have no hesitation in taking one again.Strangely enough preferred the inside after many years of paying an upgrade for an outside+

39 minutes ago, Scot born said:

Thanks Jim good to know. I think I will now wait and see what happens on the prices as always book early to ensure my cabin. 

Your welcome SB.We always book early so we can select a specifc cabin (midship)but if your  happy to take a cabin wherever waiting is probably best

I,ve a bad habit of checking prices periodically once I,ve booked and a number of times I looked on our last cruise the base room which is usually an inside was an outside plus.Next time I checked it was back to an inside so could be an idea to check fairly regularly

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Nice one SB...

Did you book a specific cabin/number?

Yes tried to get one on deck 10 but none left so went for 6136 where we will have cabins above and below they tried to give us deck 7 cabins which are below the dancing. Lol 

Jim ladies don't stagger they simply sway from side to side 😇 and as hubby doesn't drink at all just his beloved irn bru then no staggering will happen. 😜 I am sure there will be plenty of singing and dancing as the last night is Hogmanay. We always pick our cabin and extra leg room seats as you want to enjoy your cruise, got such a good price that we also booked the Norwegian Fjords for end of May on the Explorer 2 from Newcastle and booked a junior suite as they are high up on deck 12 for a good view. 

2 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

😁

Always fancied a xmas/new year cruise.Maybe once the grandchild is older we,ll manage it.

You enjoy

Thanks Jim this is our first time and will be having Christmas a day early with the grandkids 4 and 2. They way I look at it is I put my life on hold for my kids and if I did the same for the grand kids then I would be past it or dead or then great gran kids before I get the chance had to convince hubby of this. Let you know how it was. 

19 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

😂

Yeah so they say.Always thought once kids were up and away it was our time..We have less time now 😉

Jim that made me lol cos I know that feeling retired early (very early) to help out as it is a lot harder on the the young ones these days