Another dress code question...

To NCteacherlovescruising

First off, from one woman to another, I want to say this.  Lady, you look fabulous in a dress. Those photos are stunning and you look so lovely.

Which is what we want to see when we’re sitting at the bar, people watching. Bring on the glamour.

I’ve been following this thread because I love dressing up in the evening, whether it’s chic or whatever.

It takes more or less the same amount of time, getting dressed, to put on something lovely as it does to put on something scruffy, so I honestly don’t understand why, when on holiday, people don’t want to be the best versions of themselves. Surely one wants to make an effort to look lovely for their partner?

I totally get that some clothes are uncomfortable, especially for men with suits and ties and what have you. But seriously how can tight jeans be more comfortable than a dress?

I wear jeans on a daily basis at home. Which is why I would never even pack them for a cruise. Why, when there is so much other lovely stuff to wear? 

I, too, have never brought jeans with me or even considered bringing them on any cruise or all inclusive holiday, even though, to be fair to the main poster, there are many great, light, comfy, but still dressy pairs of jeans.  They're not all unattractive, heavy, hot, or uncomfortable.  But I'm with you:  I'd rather wear something dressier and different than my usual outfit at home.  Lastly, I think it's so funny when people say, "Some of us don't have a lot of money, so jeans are what we can afford" as an excuse.  There are so many places to shop today with lots of dressier clothing at a very reasonable price.  You don't have to spend a lot on a dress, or a nice skirt or dress pants and a fancy top.  I think people use the "no money" excuse so they don't have to dress up.  Also, they can afford a cruise, so they can't be that poor!  Just saying...😂

😂😂😂

2 hours ago, The Med said:

To NCteacherlovescruising

First off, from one woman to another, I want to say this.  Lady, you look fabulous in a dress. Those photos are stunning and you look so lovely.

Which is what we want to see when we’re sitting at the bar, people watching. Bring on the glamour.

I’ve been following this thread because I love dressing up in the evening, whether it’s chic or whatever.

It takes more or less the same amount of time, getting dressed, to put on something lovely as it does to put on something scruffy, so I honestly don’t understand why, when on holiday, people don’t want to be the best versions of themselves. Surely one wants to make an effort to look lovely for their partner?

I totally get that some clothes are uncomfortable, especially for men with suits and ties and what have you. But seriously how can tight jeans be more comfortable than a dress?

I wear jeans on a daily basis at home. Which is why I would never even pack them for a cruise. Why, when there is so much other lovely stuff to wear? 

Thanks for the compliment!  These particular jeans aren’t tight, their actually the loosest pants I own. I have to wear professional attire at work, so it’s nice to be comfortable when I’m not working. I don’t mind dressing up a few nights, but after a while it gets old and I just want to be comfortable. I don’t find dresses comfortable, but I do wear them sometimes and will usually do so on the chick (formal, elegant) night. 

• Like 1