SNUBA info

LeesaB

Asked the kids yesterday what they wanted to do on our upcoming cruise (not until Spring Break, so we've still got a while!) and they immediately asked if they could do "that snuba thing."  I said I'll look into it.  Looking into it and I'm having trouble getting excited about it.  We LOVE to snorkel, but most of the videos and pictures I've seen I'm like "you could snorkel that just as easily" or "wow, look at the complete lack of coral here".  Does anyone have suggestions on a good place to snuba in Cozumel?  Or maybe help me understand that it is in fact really cool?

So far I've seen snuba available at 3 places.  Chankanaab (but we've been there before and I was hoping for something different), Sunset Restaurant near the International Pier (I think) but the videos I saw of there were terribly depressing - fish but no coral and a bunch of manmade fish habitat.  Honestly looked terrible to me.  The third place is at Jeanie's Restaurant downtown close to Punta Langosta (where we'll be docked and hey we can go buy a massive amount of vanilla at Mega later).  Didn't see much in the way of coral or even fish in the few videos I've found so far but there was a sunken airplane that you could go see, which was pretty cool.

Advice, please.  "Help me Cruise Critic, you're my only hope!"