Diana and Cinthia

Tutone56

We were a group of 4, and booked online ahead of time with the girls. For $15.00 per person, we had Shelly, ( or Sherry ) and she was wonderful. She gave us the "Amy Lovelace" tour. It was great, she answered our questions, and was willing to take us wherever we wanted to go. We went shopping, then to to West End and stayed on the beach for a few hours. There was a resort, the Mayan Princess I think it was called where there were bathrooms, a nice place to sit and eat and drink, and shade as well. Then at a designated time, we were driven back in plenty of time to catch the ship. I cannot say enough about this group, and the tour. We really enjoyed the hospitality, and the island was beautiful. I would consider this again, and found the girls to be extremely friendly.

• 2 weeks later...
We were a group of 4, and booked online ahead of time with the girls. For $15.00 per person, we had Shelly, ( or Sherry ) and she was wonderful. She gave us the "Amy Lovelace" tour. It was great, she answered our questions, and was willing to take us wherever we wanted to go. We went shopping, then to to West End and stayed on the beach for a few hours. There was a resort, the Mayan Princess I think it was called where there were bathrooms, a nice place to sit and eat and drink, and shade as well. Then at a designated time, we were driven back in plenty of time to catch the ship. I cannot say enough about this group, and the tour. We really enjoyed the hospitality, and the island was beautiful. I would consider this again, and found the girls to be extremely friendly.

Sounds great! How do you book online? Is there a website? I think I have only seen their email address posted on this board.

Sounds great! How do you book online? Is there a website? I think I have only seen their email address posted on this board.

You just email them....and they meet you at the street outside the pier area with your name on a sign...

jacksong2005@yahoo.com

There is a website about roatan cab company on the internet ... called

www.roatancabtours.com

But they will custom plan your day and quote you the price before you go if you contact them through the above email.

Good Luck in Roatan!

Tell them Amy said Hi!

• 2 weeks later...

we were on this tour last week. We had Diana's nephew Isiah as our driver. It was so much fun. He took us where ever we wanted to go and we stayed as long as we wanted. It was $20.00 for the 4 of us but I also asked about just 2 and was quoted $25.00. We found that we liked the shopping in Coxen hole to be better than the Las Palmas shopping front...more variety...more opportuinties to bargain. We loved our day in Roatan and were very pleased with Cinthia and Diane. Highly recommend them. They also speak english very well as do the drivers they have. Book ahead of time thru email you won't be disappointed.

we were on this tour last week. We had Diana's nephew Isiah as our driver. It was so much fun. He took us where ever we wanted to go and we stayed as long as we wanted. It was $20.00 for the 4 of us but I also asked about just 2 and was quoted $25.00. We found that we liked the shopping in Coxen hole to be better than the Las Palmas shopping front...more variety...more opportuinties to bargain. We loved our day in Roatan and were very pleased with Cinthia and Diane. Highly recommend them. They also speak english very well as do the drivers they have. Book ahead of time thru email you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the tips!!!:D

I was just quoted 30 pp adult and no charge for my 2 children. Seems reasonable. She listed at least 8 places they would take us. Last time I went we paid 40 but went with another couple who also paid 40 (different company). But they only took us to the beach and one small area to shop. Sounds like this is a good value tour if you want to do more than the beach.

I was just quoted 30 pp adult and no charge for my 2 children. Seems reasonable. She listed at least 8 places they would take us. Last time I went we paid 40 but went with another couple who also paid 40 (different company). But they only took us to the beach and one small area to shop. Sounds like this is a good value tour if you want to do more than the beach.

8 stops?

Is this a full island tour they quoted you?

I just used them last Tuesday. Cinthia took us all over the island all day for $25 PP and it was well worth it. If you don't go on a ship excursion for 3 or 4 times the amount and half the time, you end up walking across the street to a small shopping area that is basically 2-3 blocks. Tough way to kill about 7 hours!

Hi. my name is Pat,

My husband and I went to Roatan last summer on our honeymoon, and we had Mrs. Janet as our driver and tour guide. I recomend anyone who are thinking of visiting the island to look her up or email her at jjacksontour@yahoo Say hello for us... She speaks english perfectly and is very honest.

We have just returned from Isla Roatan on March 12 and we booked Janet for an island tour online before we left via email. Janet was quick to respond and charged $25.00 ea. for a COMPLETE island tour - there were only the two of us in a new Hyundai 8 passenger van with A/C. This lady is very courteous,professional,knowledeable, a life long resident of the island ,will take you wherever you want to go, and will wait for you as long as you want to stay. Without a doubt the highlight of our cruise was our day with Janet on Roatan. Ask her to take you to visit with Joe & Cindy who are a delightful couple and own a beautiful hilltop home with a spectacular view of the island. He is a retired Fire EMT and she a Nurse who retired early and love life! Make sure that you say hello to them from Trevor & Sue when you visit.

Very few of the tour operators can take you here - this home is like something from Unique Homes or the Lifestyles of The Rich & Famous !

Janet will take you to Fantasy Island, the Iguana Farm, Mayan Princess Hotel & Beach,West End & West Bay for shopping,beaches, zip lines,wherever you want to go...just ask!

Honest,reputable and asks that you do not pay until the completion of the tour. I look forward to returning to Roatan again soon and will have no hesitation in calling Janet first !

Here is the link to contact her:

jjacksontour@yahoo.com

411-

Janet is Diane's sister....

Just so the other people on the boards know this is a family run business cab company...and they are growing...thanks to everyone on CC who has spent the day with them.

Our day with Cinthia and Diana was great and we paid $15 a person...but we were in a large group and they brought new 15 passenger A/C vans to tote us around in! Very lovely...enjoyed the West bay beach and shopping at the west end village and the tour of the island on our way...

Just got home from Roatan on the NCL Dawn. Met Diana as arranged at the pier and she set us up with her sister, Janet Jackson who was wonderful, honest and fun to travel with. Our daughter was in a wheelchair and she helped us make a special tour that met out needs and charged $20 per person for the whole day. Highly recommend this firm for touring Roatan. You could not do better!!! She made the day an awesome event. Thanks Janet.

EileenN:

HI~ I am so glad they could accomidate you and your daughter with the wheelchair...and I was curious...because you asked me on another thread...Did you end up being able to take her to the beach resort at West Bay?

I was worried about the sand and how far she could walk...

If not,

What did you end up seeing Roatan?

I am glad you were able to get off the ship and have a great day!

I was a little worried...and am happy the day turned out great!

Sincerely,

Amy

aka Travelworks:)

we also just returned from Roatan last week and had Larry(Diana's husband) take us on the island tour. He took us everywhere we wanted to go and he suggested other stops along the way. We were very pleased with our day and would highly recommend him. It was our favourite port and we would love to go back.

Our daughter was able to walk short distances. Janet took the wheelchair in the back and we toured some of the island with stops for shopping and checking out new construction of condos. We ended up at the Mayan Princess where we were able to enjoy the pool for $10. It was an extremely enjoyable day because of the girls. They wanted to do anything you would enjoy and were aware of our daughter's needs.

I thought I better post again since I started this post originally. I ended up arranging the day with Diane and Cinthia for a tour of Roatan. There were 12 of us plus Cinthia and Dave (the driver). It was a litlle tight in the van but we still had a wonderful time. We went all over the west side of the island and eventually ended up at the beach. I wish we had more time to spend on the island. The people were wonderful - we bought a nice conch (sp) shell from a cute litlle girl on the side of the road. Cinthia and Dave took good care of us. I highly recommend them for an excursion.

Tom

They must have had a busy week last week! We booked ahead with Diane and were met by their guide Norma. She was wonderful.We paid 20$ per person for a family of 4 and she took us where ever we wanted to go. We did a canopy tour and had a blast, then did some shopping and spent the rest of the day at the beach. Roatan is beautiful, clean and my favorite port of the cruise. We saw no mosquitos or no see ems on the beach or canopy tour.

• 3 weeks later...

Per these posts we booked them several times when on the island for two weeks. They were fantastic from start to finish, definitely exceeded my expectations. We had a group of 18 and they first picked us up in the airport, helping a couple folks deal with the airlines on lost luggage, and went above and beyond helping another guy who had misplaced his bag at the resort and thought he'd left it at the airport. Diane went as far as driving back to the airport herself later that day and made the security folks show her the security tapes so she knew it was loaded on the van and not stolen. (our friend later found it in another friend's room.. duh!)

They also gave us a couple of island tours. Rates ran $15 - 20 pp depending on the size of the group and where we went. We had a pretty large group though. They took us to the canopy tour one day, plus Iguana farm and the View for lunch. Then to Hole in the Wall another day which is way far down the East end of the island (we were staying in the West End). Plus recommended other stops along the way, and told us lots of information about the island we'd never heard before.

When one of the guys in our group expressed interest about cigars, Diane went on her own to pick some up for him and bring them to the resort. They also showed us the cheapest places to buy souveniers, took us to the supermarket to buy beer and rum and generally took great care of us.

Its that going the extra mile without even being asked which was what made them so great we ended up using them about 8 times in total between various tours, rides and airport transportation. I have nothing but high praise for them and will use them again next year when I return to the island to get married.

Andrea in Atlanta

• 3 months later...

I know this is going to sound like a paid endorsement. Hopefully you'll see why I was so pleased with Diane and Cinthia's service by the time you finish reading this.

I was the guy that Seaislegal mentioned who lost his carry-on. We were part of a large group that Diane and Cinthia brought from the airport to Luna Beach using several vehicles. As I unpacked, I discovered that my carry-on containing all of my sunblock and bug spray was missing. I called Diane to see if it was left in one of their vans. In addition to calling the other drivers, she returned to the airport and then came back to Luna to tell me that she couldn't find it anywhere. She then insisted on bringing me to the airport the next morning to review security tapes with Customs agents (which she had already arranged) to see if the bag had been stolen. She also offered to take a list of missing items and go to the store and replace them for me. WAY above ANY customer service I have ever received in any country! I ended up discovering that the lost bag was NOT Diane or Cinthia's oversite, but mine - my bag was in one of our other houses at Luna Beach the whole time.

Diane and Cinthia became part of our adopted family for our 2 week trip. When we wanted to try something new we weren't afraid to ask for an honest opinion from them and I certainly wasn't afraid of where we'd end up when we got in the van with them.

Unfortunately, we did not meet Diane and Cinthia on our first trip to Roatan. We ended up taking a random cab ride from a driver who spoke almost no English. He drove like a madman in his stuffy van and then dumped us off (literally) to fend for ourselves until he returned at HIS convenience. It was a horrible experience.

Make plans to have Diane and Cinthia take you around Roatan on your next trip and you won't be disappointed!

Anyone know if they are still in business?? Over the past couple of weeks I have sent multiple emails though the email and web site mentioned earlier in this thread, incquiring as to availability for a tour for our family in next February. Never received any response.....

They have received great reviews here- would love to go with either them or Victor Bodden, who is unfortunately unavailable that day.... I am open to other suggestions, as well, if anyone has any!

Bruce

Archived