Gift cards from AARP

gochina

On 8/12/2019 at 12:16 PM, Italy52 said:

For a Christmas present, our daughter purchased a Princess gift card for us to use during our June Alaska cruise.  Tried to use it on the cruise as OBC and was told by a Guest Services agent that we would have to wait until all of our OBC was used up and then we could apply the gift card.  Not sure if anyone else had that same problem.  What a pain.  We kept the gift card and applied it to another cruise as partial payment when we got home -- no problem using it that time.  Don't know if you would run into the same problem using an AARP Princess gift card but just wanted to pass along our experience just in case you were going to use it for OBC.

I don't like that. It means that if you were not planning to use all of your OBC you could not use the card. I would want it to be part of the overall balance and paid back in cash or check if not used. It would be OK if added to the account and used last but refundable. I would always to have the non refundable used first.

• Like 1