Tender times at yorkeys knob with celebrity

kmhuk

Hi I’m on a solstice cruise next March with a two days in yorkeys knob.  The ship is due to arrive at 8 am and I am trying to arrange a non celebrity shore excursion.  The company have suggested a collection time from the harbour at 10:45.  Is this feasible?    We have no status with celebrity as this is our first cruise.  

Edited by kmhuk
Mistype

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 11:32 AM, kmhuk said:

Hi I’m on a solstice cruise next March with a two days in yorkeys knob.  The ship is due to arrive at 8 am and I am trying to arrange a non celebrity shore excursion.  The company have suggested a collection time from the harbour at 10:45.  Is this feasible?    We have no status with celebrity as this is our first cruise.  

If you are trying to do this on your first day, I think it will be very tight.  This is based on my experience from having done the Great Barrier Reef sailing on Solstice last year (trip review).  The tender transit time to Yorkeys Knob is 30 min.  The cab ride from Yorkeys Knob to Marlins Wharf in Cairns is another 20 min (no traffic).  So then you have to factor in waiting time.  Waiting time to get on the tender.  Waiting time for the tender to fill up with passengers.  Waiting time to get a taxi.

One thing to note, was that Celebrity ran a special early tender for our second day at Cairns.  The purpose of the early tender was to accommodate passengers that had independent plans ashore that required them to be at a certain place in Cairns at a time that would not be possible to make with the normal tender schedule.  You had to register with Guest Relations that you wanted to get on the early tender.  I have highlighted this in my trip review as well as the "Live" thread that I posted.

The Captain during our Solstice sailing said that it takes about 3 hours to get 3000 passengers off the ship at Cairns......

29D57D2A-01D2-40E5-BF07-0D228CE3C2B1.jpeg

Jan 7 2018, tenders cozying up to Solstice anchored at Yorkeys Knob (Cairns Day 1)

Edited by mahdnc