What is the cost of Mocktails?

I did a search and found lots of topics about mocktails and the cost shots, cocktails, and of the drinks packages. But I couldn't find any mention of the cost of a mocktail. Can anyone help me out? I'm not a big soda drinker, but thinking about getting the Refreshment Package for mocktails. Just wondered what the break-even point was as far as how many mocktails I'd have to purchase per day to get my money's worth. Thanks!

Not sure, but keep in mind that it includes soda, all non-alcoholic  beverages from Café Promenade and Vitality spa, milkshakes from Johnny Rockets and bottled water (including sparkling) and fresh-squeeze juices at breakfast.

If you can get it for $20/day - you will likely get your money's worth.

• Like 1

I didn't realize the milkshakes are included. We're regular Princess cruisers and this will be our first RCCL cruise. It's looking like cocktails are quite a bit higher on RCCL than Princess. It's amazing how much mocktails cost. They're $5.50 on Princess. I may go ahead and get the Refreshment Package.

Are there any requirements like 'everyone in the cabin must get it' that I need to be aware of? Hubby wouldn't be interested in it, so that would make a difference in our case.

1 minute ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

I didn't realize the milkshakes are included. We're regular Princess cruisers and this will be our first RCCL cruise. It's looking like cocktails are quite a bit higher on RCCL than Princess. It's amazing how much mocktails cost. They're $5.50 on Princess. I may go ahead and get the Refreshment Package.

Are there any requirements like 'everyone in the cabin must get it' that I need to be aware of? Hubby wouldn't be interested in it, so that would make a difference in our case.

No.  We had two cabins - DH and DS in one cabin - myself and DD in the other.  We only bought 3 refreshment packages - no problem and I did it online.  I'm counting calories and prefer my coffee from starbucks.

not sure what ship you are on - but if you are on a ship with a FreeStyle machine - the beverage package includes the freestyle cup which offers things like powerade and vitamin water.  Personally, I had enough to drink with the included lemonade and iced tea, strawberry kiwi and mango juices at select locations.  We also carried on 4 bottles of wine which was my beverage of choice when I wanted the calories 😉

We're on Harmony. I think it has the FreeStyle machines. Is that correct? I like lemonade & anything strawberry, so that sounds good. Hubby does like coffee but he's not into the fancy stuff, just regular coffee. I'll ask him if he's interested, but it'll probably be just me. Sounds like it might be worth it. I like my cocktails, but settling for mocktails would be fine with me if it saves a lot of money.

Thanks for everyone's help!

2 hours ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Royal drink prices have regularly been going up, their way try get you purchase Drink Packages. First 8-10yrs I Cruised on Royal all soft drinks where free with meals. Cruise base cost is less then half what was 30yrs ago, dollar for dollar, extras is how they make their money.

Edited by ONECRUISER

We had a virgin Pina by the pool on the Anthem a few years ago.  It was $7.00 plus gratuity.  Someone next to me ordered a normal one, I think it was around $14-15.  Holy crap....!  The virgin one was just as refreshing as a normal one when you are in 95 degrees and the sun.😊  We always ordered virgin ones by the pool now.  We do not buy any packages as we both drink more water than anything. 

• 2 years later...