Nikon Z6 or Z7

KYBOB

Any Nikon Z6 or Z7 users here? I have had the Z7 for over 3 months and it is a great compliment to my D850. When I want to travel light it will just about fit into a coat pocket. Regardless of the so called talking heads on YouTube say and the things they nit pick about this camera and lens I have not had any issues.  

PS The first one was hand held Nikon Z24-70 f2.8, the last one was taken with the 'not so great' lens Nikon Z14-30 f/4.

Z7 Trials 2019_11441.jpg

Z7D_0598.jpg

Z7D_0761.jpg

Z7D_0836.jpg

I bought my Z6 last January and took it to Rio for Carnival and then up the Amazon and loved it (both the camera and Brazil).  I was using a D750 and did bring it with me, but rarely used it and when I got home I sold it and now shoot exclusively with the Z6.  It is a very nice camera and while the body isn't significantly smaller than my D750 the Z lenses are.  The only thing missing is a selection of Z lenses, but the FTZ adapter works well, but you lose the size and weight savings.  I have no regrets buying the Z6 and would recommend it.

19 hours ago, DCB9 said:

I bought my Z6 last January and took it to Rio for Carnival and then up the Amazon and loved it (both the camera and Brazil).  I was using a D750 and did bring it with me, but rarely used it and when I got home I sold it and now shoot exclusively with the Z6.  It is a very nice camera and while the body isn't significantly smaller than my D750 the Z lenses are.  The only thing missing is a selection of Z lenses, but the FTZ adapter works well, but you lose the size and weight savings.  I have no regrets buying the Z6 and would recommend it.

Which Z lens did you find you use most on your trip?  We are going a trip soon, not as exotic as the Amazon, New York for a few days then jump on a 10 day New England cruise up to Quebec. 

1 hour ago, KYBOB said:

Which Z lens did you find you use most on your trip?  We are going a trip soon, not as exotic as the Amazon, New York for a few days then jump on a 10 day New England cruise up to Quebec. 

I mainly used the only Z lens I had at the time, the 24-70 f4.  I thought the 24 mm was probably as wide as I needed so the only other lens I brought was my 80-400 which is a decent lens, but way to big and heavy for travel.  Since I mostly do travel photography, every time I have traveled with that lens, I have regretted it.  Since then I have bought the new 70-300 mm which is much better than the old one I used to have and is small enough to use for travel.  I am looking forward for to new Z lenses, but I'm sure they will be trickling out slowly.  I didn't have any regrets using the 24-70 and found it to be an excellent lens.  Enjoy your cruise.