4/12 Miracle Review

loops

Embarking: It was a breeze. We arrived at the port around 11:30. There were no lines at sign in. Very organized. They let us on at 12:15. We were having lunch on Lido deck by 12:45.

Room/Stewardess: Our room was on the Riviera deck , cabin #1184 outside stateroom. Our room stewardess' name was Delia. She was very efficient, friendly and left towel animals for us every night.

Food: Lido deck buffet was very good. Bacchus Dining room: We also had great meals, the best I've experienced so far.

Wait staff: We were seated at table #148. We lucked out getting this table. It was at the back of the dining room, right in front of a window. Our wait team was awesome....Nimesh from India and Katarina from Slovokia. They were always on their toes. The first night my daughter asked for a hot chocolate and every night thereafter they would bring her hot chocolate after dinner. They even did "tricks", which our children got a kick out of. We were usually the last ones to leave the dining room and they never made us feel rushed.

Ship decor: I did not think it was over done. I've read many negative reviews about the dining room decor...personally it didn't bother me.

Shows: We did see "Generations" and "Ticket to Ride". I didn't care for either show, but my husband, sister-in-law and her husband all enjoyed them and thought they were really good. I thought Karl with a "k" was very entertaining. The comedian was also funny (can't remember his name).

Ports of Call: We didn't choose this ship for it's itinerary, we chose it because it was a brand new ship and my husband previously won win a cruise bingo on our Fascination cruise last year. We thought it was more important to sail a brand new ship. Anyway, we were supposed to stop in Key West, however due to strong winds and rough seas the captain was unable to dock after 2 attempts. So it was another sea day for us and he added Freeport on at the end. Our second scheduled port was Nassau. We did some shopping on Bay Street, had lunch on the ship, then grabbed a taxi and headed out for Cable Beach and had a relaxing time and the kids enjoyed playing in the water and on the beach. Freeport: We chose to do a little shopping at the straw market. Then we went back to the ship for lunch and relaxed on Lido deck while our daughter was at Camp Carnival. My sister-in-law, husband and son chose to go snorkeling. They really enjoyed it.

Camp Carnival: Our 5 year old loved it. My 11 year old nephew also enjoyed it (especially the scavenger hunts). I thought it was very well organized. The room was always clean, just wish it was a little more "open" and "airy"....kind of small and closed in but the children always appeared to be having a great time. I also thought that the age range 2-5 was too broad. I think they should put the 5 year olds in 5-8 or 5-7 age group.

Disembarking: I found it to be very organized. We had a noon flight. We were let off the ship at 9:00 and were at the airport by 9:40. We did not do the self disembark. We did it the traditional way - leave your bags out the night before. Grabbed our bags on the way out, waited about 5 minutes to go through Customs and were on our way back to the airport.

This was our third Carnival cruise. Our previous cruises were on the Ecstasy in 1992 and the Fascination in 2003. I would definetly take another cruise with Carnival and have no desire to change cruise lines at this time, as we have always had positive experiences with Carnival.

Thanks so much for posting---we really love reading the latest....and in such detail! icon_smile.gif

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

Archived