HELP! What can I do close to Pan American Pier...

fofun

Hi,

My family of 6 wants to snorkel and enjoy a beautiful hotel. Problem is we get into PR at 7am and leave 2pm. I don't want to spend $$$ on taxis. They want a pool with slides, etc. Willing to spend some $ on taxis, but not a lot. I want to go to the rainforest, but I fear that the ride there is too long. I don't want to be on a bus all day. Please help. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

Mama - I don't think there is ANYTHING to do near the Pan Am pier. I also have never heard of anyone doing any snorkeling in San Juan. Where else are you going to? There is a lot of good snorkeling on other islands. If you haven't been to San Juan before, I suggest that you go up to El Morro to take a tour, and then walk your way back down through Old San Juan. It is so much like being in a town in Europe. There is a walking tour guide that you can get on-line from Frommer's http://www.frommers.com/destinations/sanjuan/0323010008.html. You will HAVE to take a taxi no matter where you go. The Pan Am pier is across the harbor from everything.

Hope you have a great cruise!

I'm afraid the previous poster is correct.... On the other hand, you could change your cruiseline to Carnival and sail on The Destiny and be close to it all :) :)

Enjoy your cruise- the islands are beautiful!!

once you are here you are here unless you take a taxi to old san juan. I did not do it but I think I heard it was $20 per taxi. I would plan on getting to the ship and staying there. There is a duty free store once you check onto the ship but it only has pop and Liquor in it.

Archived