Seaside Obstructed View

puglady12

I am cruising on the Seaside in March and someone mentioned to me that my view might be obstructed by life boats.  Does anyone know what floor/rooms have obstructed balcony views??  I am also going in May with my sisters and I want to make sure we get a good room. 

Thanks!!

Seaside has an ingenious design where all lifeboats are located UNDER passenger decks and the gorgeous promenage. no need to worry about life boats for any obstructed views. I can't speak to any other things that may obstruct your view but that's the big one.

I know it's a bit off topic, but Seaside seems like a great design...good guest reviews and it seems like it's a great profit maker for MSC

Oh ok I did not know that.  When I called and inquired about a room the girl mentioned life boats and it was something I hadn't thought of before so i got nervous.  The Seaside is beautiful but when we went in May we had a metal balcony and I had asked many times and was told it was not.  I was not happy when I got to the room.  I am trying to avoid this happening again!!

I am going in March with my husband and kids, then a sisters trip in May.  

I now realize most of the rooms on either end have metal balconies.  

If you are in one of the forward cabins, an obstruction may be a steel wall instead of a glass wall on the balcony. You can still srr over it. How far forward depends on the deck. The higher the deck, the less steel.

This may sound crazy, but if you can't get a definite answer here, her's a suggestion. Go to the deck plan of deck 10. Count how many cabins you are from the front. Then go to a picture of the Seaside and do the same count. You will be able to see where you are.