Anyone been on vision of the sea's

I have a few questions .Is the ship nice?I have only been on the voyager of the sea's.It seems small compared to the voyager .Do u think its good for a couple in mid 30's.anyone ever have the very back of the boat looking out? How is it? Thanks

WE have been on Vision 3 times...most recently last October. Have always enjoyed it. Never been on the very back but were pretty close to the front last time--about 4 cabins back from the flying bridge. The food was good, service was very good, entertainment was well...not the best we have even had but certainly good enough. Had a great time!

We were just on the Vision earlier this month. The Ship is just out of dry dock, so it is in great shape. (fresh paint and carpet, etc). We did the 4 day repo cruise the day it came back in service and would do the 7 day cruise on the ship again. The crew was great and food was good. Take a look at out pictures in our webshots album of the ship.

Enjoy your trip.

We were also on the Vision for it's first voyage out of drydock. We thought the food was very good. Any problems that we encountered were small and were probably due to the fact that they were just out of drydock. Mostly computer glitches with bills, etc.

As far as the cabins, we did have an aft cabin (8094). The balcony was huge. Very nice :) . I can't do a comparison to the VOS because I've never sailed on her but we did like the Vision very much.

Veronica

I have a few questions .Is the ship nice?I have only been on the voyager of the sea's.It seems small compared to the voyager .Do u think its good for a couple in mid 30's.anyone ever have the very back of the boat looking out? How is it? Thanks

Our first cruise was on Voyager and our 2nd on Vision. I can understand your concerns about the differences in size and wondering if it will matter. Voyager is an amazing ship with everything to do on board - we also liked Vision, for different reasons. To us, Vision seemed to be a cozier, more friendly ship. Due to the size of the ship, we saw many of the same people throughout the cruise which led to more conversations/chit-chat with people. On Voyager we never saw the same people twice so the only people we ever spoke to were our tablemates or the staf. On Vision we talked to about 5 different couples/groups regularly throughout the week. Whenever we went to the shows or activities we were always on the lookout for people we'd met earlier. It was great.

We are early 30s and felt like Vision (Mex Riv.) was a younger crowd of 20s-40s where Voyager (Eastern Carib) seemed to be more late 30s-60s crowd. Dont know if it was the ship or the itinery that drew the younger crowd.

Any other questions comparing the 2 ships, just ask.

I haven't been on anything larger than a Radiance class ship on RCI, so I can't compare. We were also on the first sailing out of drydock. They didn't do much with the common areas, and we found lots of little things like ripped chairs in the lounges & tired carpet that should probably have been replaced, but honestly it didn't get in the way of our having a great time.

The cabins farthest aft are our favorites - we were down the hall from Veronica in 8088, the portside stern cabin w/a giant wraparound balcony.

I agree with Fozzy - Vision is a very cozy ship. Service was superb and understated, starting with Keith Williams the CD, who was simply mahvelous, and going throughout the staff. Friendly without being obsequious and efficient without making you feel rushed. There were tons of onboard activities even during our 3-day sailing. Rumor had it that there was a late night party crowd, but we tended to turn in by midnight, so I can't verify that.

• 1 month later...
The cabins farthest aft are our favorites - we were down the hall from Veronica in 8088, the portside stern cabin w/a giant wraparound balcony.

critterchick - do you have any pictures of your balcony?

Don't mistake "cozy" for "small and cramped" by any means. The name of the ship comes from the fact that she's almost all windows. So you have great open views of the sea and the ports. Very spacious feeling, but you are on a smaller ship, so there's less people to contend with.

We loved her, and went on her for a Panama Canal cruise. Beautiful going through on her. People were sitting literally all over the ship enjoying the sight and the monologue on the PA system. We were outside on the Promenade Deck, our friend up in the Solarium, and our kids on the pool deck. Everyone had a great view.

Great ship!

In fact, we were on the Vision last week. The ship is lovely & the crew (including Captain George) was excellent. No Chops, Portofino's or Johnny Rockets on board like you'd find on Voyager. We were on deck 7 a couple of cabins forward of the library & our balcony cabin was slightly smaller than the one on Voyager but not enough to make an issue of.

You might want to check with your TA about the best time to go in order to find a 30's type of crowd on board... last week's crowd was mostly retirees but that probably had something to do with it not being a school vacation week. There were a few college students on board & a few young families. We just turned 50 & were traveling with friends so it really didn't matter that there weren't many in our age group on board.

We really enjoyed the ship & wouldn't hesitate to sail on a Vision class ship again.

We loved Vision of the Seas. Had a Aft balcony and now it's hard to have anything else(hard to get though). We had a corner stateroom, HUGE balcony wrapped around the side of the ship.We had three people in the room and it was most comfortable (due to the balcony were dh and ds spent most of their time).I know there are some great reviews on this sight check them out they are really helpful.:)

Archived