Can anyone help...Adventure vs Jewel????

Houzer

:( Here is the dilema...we just can't decide if the ports were just reverse we could figure this out.

We are going next march with a 15 year old boy, 15 year old girl and two 9 year old boys and four adults. We plan on staying in two J.S. for the extra room.

So we really like the Jewel for size however we are not sure of the ports, this is an 8 night Eastern. Then we look at the 7 night Southern that has the Aruba port and we really would love that port however we're not sure about the Adventure since it has so many more passengers then the Jewel. Help....if they were just reverse life would be so much easier...help please, anyone with advice or if you have sailed on either ship? I keep reading the Jewel is a family ship and is amazing so I just need help with ports and the Adventure ship.

What would you do???:confused:

I think the kids might prefer the Voyager class ship Adventure. It is much bigger than the Radiance class Jewel and while both classes of ship have "Adventure Ocean" for kids I believe the Adventure is more of a family ship. They will probably meet more kids their own ages on the bigger ships. There will probably be more kids on a 7 day cruise than an eight day cruise.

I know if I was a teen I'd take the bigger ship :)

Either ship would probably be fine. You are traveling during peak Spring Break season and going out of FLL on the Jewel means there may be quite a few teens on that ship as well even if it is an 8 day cruise. I think the Voyager class is built more for families, but if you like the itinerary of the Jewel, the kids will be fine. There were lots of teens on my Easter cruise (Jewel) last year.

Jen

That is a dilema! I actually don't think there'd be any shortage of kids on Jewel that time of year... If it were me I thnk I'd go for the extra day on Jewel. I'm never ready to get off the ship! ;) I'd also take into consideration the extra flight time and expense to get to San Juan for Adventurer vs Miami for Jewel. DH and I have really been wanting to do the Southern itinerary, but it's already such a long expensive flight from here to Miami... the extra time and money to San Juan has been a deal breaker.

You'll have a great time whatever you do! :D

Archived