Meraviglia OBS FREE UNLIMITED DRINKS

he5makba

My wife and I booked this Meraviglia cruise out of Miami in January 2020 over a year out. On our paperwork, the drink package is listed as OBS FREE UNLIMITED DRINKS. Does anyone here know which drink package that is? The MSC site is pretty much useless for looking up this kind of information.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

8 hours ago, he5makba said:

My wife and I booked this Meraviglia cruise out of Miami in January 2020 over a year out. On our paperwork, the drink package is listed as OBS FREE UNLIMITED DRINKS. Does anyone here know which drink package that is? The MSC site is pretty much useless for looking up this kind of information.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Looks like there was a thread on this back in 2017 - 

From what I see, the simplified version is that it might be unlimited beer/wine at meals in the MDR.

here's another thread from earlier this year

Could also be the 'Drinks on Us' package they launched last year

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/msc-launches-drinks-on-us-promotion.html

The drinks package offers a selection of free unlimited non-alcoholic beverages, including canned or fountain soda, bottled or canned juices and bottled water. Alcoholic beverages are included as well, with bottled and draft beers, wines by the glass and house brands of vodka, rum, gin, and whiskey available.

I called in to MSC cruises. Their customer service is a little weak but after going around a few times with them I finally got an answer. This is an old drink package which has less on it than the current Easy Package and the 15% gratuity is not included when you do get drinks. It was recommended that I switch to the Easy Package to get better selection and eliminate paying a gratuity every time. The person I spoke to was not very knowledgeable about the packages. MSC needs to work on getting their staff better equipped to answer questions or make their website better for answering questions.

We MSC cruisers have been complaining about the quality of their web site for years. Believe it or not,  it's about 1000 times better than what it was. At least you can book a cruise or add purchases with very little problem. That wasn't always the case.

I assume it is Easy package what you are getting actually. They have now a promo on Easy package + Premium wi-fi package "free of charge". 

I already had a cruise booked for December and actually price is "surprisingly" higher now with "free packages". 

Edited by JezzaC

17 hours ago, JezzaC said:

I assume it is Easy package what you are getting actually. They have now a promo on Easy package + Premium wi-fi package "free of charge". 

I already had a cruise booked for December and actually price is "surprisingly" higher now with "free packages". 

All-In: Drinks + Free Wifi is not a free for all promo.  It actually add $180 to the fare.  Toggle Escape to Sea fare and All-In fare and you will notice approx $180 diff.  It is a Easy package, Beer: Heineken draft and Miller Lite can, about 7 coctails, hours wines and non alcohol packages.  So, if you want mojito, you are likely to cough up $8, Coor light $7, etc on top of the drink package.  If you have others that don't drink, make sure they drink $180 worth of juice/Soda/Coffee.  Otherwise, just get a Escape to Sea fare.