Tropical Weather, 3 hot spots! Come discuss in the Hurricane Zone

PelicanBill

We have 2 Atlantic and one Gulf hot spot to watch and two named storms are very likely within a few days.

Come discuss over in the Hurricane Zone.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/305-hurricane-zone/

We work hard there to take the sensationalism out of the reporting you get on the media and be realistic based on years of weather watching the tropics.

Post your sail dates and port dates and we'll try to predict impact or advise it seems no worry.

We are on the Aug 25 2019 Eastern Caribbean sailing of Allure that’s scheduled to be in St Kitts and Puerto Rico on Wed and Thurs. Anticipating the schedule change. Hoping we go south instead of east - but guessing we go west. 

5 hours ago, Nado44 said:

We are on the Aug 25 2019 Eastern Caribbean sailing of Allure that’s scheduled to be in St Kitts and Puerto Rico on Wed and Thurs. Anticipating the schedule change. Hoping we go south instead of east - but guessing we go west. 

Hopefully Fort Lauderdale is not impacted tomorrow for boarding.  Then it's clear for a while but they are going to be wary of Puerto Rico on Thursday.  I have already heard of an eastern cruise being switched to Western... check your messages...

EDIT - yup yours is the cruise that has changed. sorry. bummer.  I've had a cruise that changed after we boarded!

Edited by PelicanBill

21 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Hopefully Fort Lauderdale is not impacted tomorrow for boarding.  Then it's clear for a while but they are going to be wary of Puerto Rico on Thursday.  I have already heard of an eastern cruise being switched to Western... check your messages...

EDIT - yup yours is the cruise that has changed. sorry. bummer.  I've had a cruise that changed after we boarded!

That's correct. See attached.

IMG_7873.jpg

We’re on the Allure now too & were handed the change in itinerary right before checking in.  I heard some got an email & wondering why everyone wasn’t notified at least the day before. Now I’m always glad to be on a ship but our itinerary was already changed once due to propulsion issues and now a complete change.  In the past I thought they would give the option to cancel or sail & get onboard credit, full refund or deep discount on a future cruise but so nothing!!