First time buying trip insurance

With our parents in their 80’s and us in our early 50’s we are finally starting to feel a little vulnerable so we are planning on buying trip insurance for the first time. Not for our cruise that is a week away, but for the one in April. After searching a bit from the suggestions I found on Cruise Critic, I feel a bit overwhelmed. I’m not quite sure what we even need. We want something that would refund our money if we had to cancel because one of us were too ill to travel, or if something were to happen to one of our parents. Or if we decided to cancel because of weather, like a hurricane. We will be cruising to the Panama Canal Inn April, which I believe is part of hurricane season but I could be wrong.   We would also like medical coverage if we needed to visit or stay in a hospital, or needed a medical evacuation.  Ilwe have no idea how much a medical evac costs so we don’t know how much we need. 

I’ve searched several sites and don’t know which is best, most reliable, etc either. 

We are looking for similar info too. I wouldn’t worry about hurricane season. That’s June through November, peaking August and September.

You may want to check with your health insurance about coverage such as, evacuation, treatment on the ship and treatment in a foreign country. My guess is that if you have coverage the travel insurance premium could be cheaper.

We are fortunate to be covered worldwide in all three instances, but would have to self pay and submit a claim to our insurance company.

Good luck.

18 hours ago, djett said:

I purchase all of my trip insurance thru https://tripinsurancestore.com/. Their web site is a wealth of information but call them so they can answer all your questions and recommend a policy suitable for your needs. Purchasing thru them doesn't increase the cost of the insurance.

We’ve been emailing with Steve. 😊