Lisbon to Obidos on our own?

Apparently there is a train that takes only a bit over an hour - but not sure how close it is the the port. Also, information I've found so far is very vague about how often the return bus runs. Has anyone done this on their own? Any information would be great - thanks!

Can’t help with the train, but we drove there in a rental car and found the town a bit disappointing.  But with a car you can also stop at other places which is an advantage over being stuck at one destination.

Hank

Hank, driving around Europe is beyond me (I have a hard enough time not getting lost here in Atlanta.) Correction on original post - it's a bus, not a train (train takes twice as long.) If you're comfortable, can you tell me what you found disappointing about Obidos? 

• 4 weeks later...

Two years ago we did a two week road trip of central and northern Portugal- we thought Obidos was one of the highlights of the trip. We stayed two nights just outside the city walls.  Sorry I can’t help with bus or train information but if you have been to Lisbon before it’s well worth a visit. Alternatively, Sintra is very attractive and much closer to Lisbon.