Capped Beer On Request?

4 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

Since they stopped having the bucket of beer deal I was wondering, if you have the drink package, can you ask for your two beers to be left capped, will they honor your request or should I just bring my own caps?

I believe the rules require that the bartenders remove caps but I have, on occasion, gotten them to leave them on so I could bring a couple back to the cabin. It's so nice to have a drink on the balcony every once in a while.

Usually it's the bartenders I've built a relationship with (tips and conversation) that have allowed me to have a couple of unopened beers for consumption at another time.

I also have my cabin steward empty my mini fridge on embarkation day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I believe the rules require that the bartenders remove caps but I have, on occasion, gotten them to leave them on so I could bring a couple back to the cabin. It's so nice to have a drink on the balcony every once in a while.

Usually it's the bartenders I've built a relationship with (tips and conversation) that have allowed me to have a couple of unopened beers for consumption at another time.

I guess that, to be safe, I will go on line and see if there are any caps I can buy that would work and hold the carbonation for a day or so.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, bkrickles1 said:

That is exactly my experience. I don't generally ask, but when you get to know the bar staff then they are usually happy to leave the bottles unopened.

On occasion I have been offered then unopened without even asking, for example if we are leaving the bar and ask for one to take away with us. Some bar staff offer to give you a couple to take away and don't open them.

21 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

That seems to be the rule, but I love to bring a beer to my cabin to enjoy on the balcony after a hot day in port so I go to my favorite bar on the way to my cabin and place 2 bucks on the bar with my card and request two beers uncapped.  I've always gotten them.  :classic_smile: