ATTN: Crystal River Cruisers: Is The Vintage Room worth €290/guest?

SuiteTraveler

15 hours ago, Coral said:

They didn't have enough people to have it on our river cruise.

Thank you for replying.  One thing I'm concerned about is I saw this story about it and almost all the food pictured is high fat!  https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggollan/2016/12/01/inside-crystal-cruises-vintage-room-and-other-over-the-top-experiences/#334bc8c4426b

We were on the Mozart and they also had a Bistro dinner a few nights which was free. They had a difficult time filling that also. I guess the dining room food was good enough for most. We had plenty of people who had booked a year previously where they were taking everyone to a Michelin or Michelin inspired restaurant. So several people qualified for that. I did not. So basically anyone in a suite or who had booked by a certain date were taken to a restaurant. Our trip was port intensive so maybe that played into it. I inquired if they were doing it as I was curious and they said there wasn't enough interest.

I do have to say my palette is not sophisticated enough for the menu you posted.

11 hours ago, Coral said:

We were on the Mozart and they also had a Bistro dinner a few nights which was free. They had a difficult time filling that also. I guess the dining room food was good enough for most. We had plenty of people who had booked a year previously where they were taking everyone to a Michelin or Michelin inspired restaurant. So several people qualified for that. I did not. So basically anyone in a suite or who had booked by a certain date were taken to a restaurant. Our trip was port intensive so maybe that played into it. I inquired if they were doing it as I was curious and they said there wasn't enough interest.

I do have to say my palette is not sophisticated enough for the menu you posted.

I feel like the menu they had in that link I posted was overall way too high fat.  A luxury wine pairing dinner does not have to be like that - it should be all about the wine and pairing it with unique foods.   So I decided not to do the Vintage Room.  We are signed up for the Michelin restaurant, but so far, only I have a confirmed reservation not my husband.  If that doesn't change, I will cancel.  We are staying in Vienna before and after the cruise and I will make reservations for us at some other Michelin starred restaurants.  We're really more about seeing these interesting ports during this cruise. I'm sure the regular food in the dining room will be great!  Thank you so much for your help!

5 hours ago, SuiteTraveler said:

I feel like the menu they had in that link I posted was overall way too high fat.  A luxury wine pairing dinner does not have to be like that - it should be all about the wine and pairing it with unique foods.   So I decided not to do the Vintage Room.  We are signed up for the Michelin restaurant, but so far, only I have a confirmed reservation not my husband.  If that doesn't change, I will cancel.  We are staying in Vienna before and after the cruise and I will make reservations for us at some other Michelin starred restaurants.  We're really more about seeing these interesting ports during this cruise. I'm sure the regular food in the dining room will be great!  Thank you so much for your help!

I loved my time in Vienna before the cruise! And I just ate at regular restaurants. Great city.