Help! Question re: teen program on RCI

kimanjo

Help! We are an avid cruising family but we haven't sailed RCI in over 4 years, we've been sailing Princess and Carnival, and the age groups for their teen programs are different.

We are thinking of booking an RCI cruise (Voyager, Mariner, or Explorer) and the teen program breakdown is ages 12--14 and 15--17. Well, our daughter is a mature 13, and she is concerned that the RCI teen program into which she would go--12 to 14--is not going to be as "grown-up" as the Princess and Carnival programs. The RCI brochure doesn't mention anything about the Teen Disco for her age group, nor does it mention Karaoke Contests, Parties, Dances, or any opportunities for socializing with (gasp) boys. The RCI brochures mention the same activities for the 12-14s as for the "little kids", and this has all of us worried.

Wondering: how do the Carnival, Princess, and RCI programs for early teens compare? Last summer we cruised Princess in Europe and daughter (12 at the time) was with the 12 to 15s, she really enjoyed that age group.

Please, any and all advice!!

On my past Jewel OTS cruise, they had all of the 12-17 year olds hang out until 10pm, than the groups split up and did their own things. I am 16 and really didnt mind the younger kids at all. I even became friends with some of them. And I remember when I was 14, I thought that the 12-14 year olds were going to be immature but they proved to be fun and I still talk to some of them!

On my past Jewel OTS cruise, they had all of the 12-17 year olds hang out until 10pm, than the groups split up and did their own things. I am 16 and really didnt mind the younger kids at all. I even became friends with some of them. And I remember when I was 14, I thought that the 12-14 year olds were going to be immature but they proved to be fun and I still talk to some of them!

We had the same situation, they made the 13 yo leave the nightclub i thought at 9pm but your could be right about 10 They allowed my 14 to stay in the nightclub even though its technically 15 and above. I spoke with the guy and he said they normally will allow someone close to their 15th birthday as long as they behave themselves and don't act very immature the time that they are allowed in there.

And the thing is that they didnt even use the list to see how old everyone was, they just asked. I didnt even need to register like I had to on my first cruise on the Enchantment. There were really no rules at all. We could be the DJ, serve the drinks, and everything else.

Archived