Conquest Cruise Question

GranysT

Cruising the Conquest on Oct 12.  Going to Grand Turk, SanJuan, St Thomas, and Amber Cove. I thought I read somewhere, that one of these ports offers a Duck Tour.  That's a tour vehicle, that travels both on land and water.  Did I dream this, or is there such a tour available? 

This? may not be offered through Carnival, may be 3rd party only.

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/profile/captain-duck-tours-inc/1149

UPDATE: complaints about last minute cancellations on Trip Advisor and now the website is not working so I guess they may have "gone under" - get it? Sorry!

Edited by amyotravel

26 minutes ago, GranysT said:

Cruising the Conquest on Oct 12.  Going to Grand Turk, SanJuan, St Thomas, and Amber Cove. I thought I read somewhere, that one of these ports offers a Duck Tour.  That's a tour vehicle, that travels both on land and water.  Did I dream this, or is there such a tour available? 

The only one we remember was in St Martin and it closed!

19 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

This? may not be offered through Carnival, may be 3rd party only.

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/profile/captain-duck-tours-inc/1149

Thanks for the info. I tried to bring up his webpage, with no success. Then I tried to email him, and it came back as "unable to deliver". So this may not be the most reliable. You think?LOL   Think I'll skip this one, but thanks for trying.

1 minute ago, GranysT said:

Thanks for the info. I tried to bring up his webpage, with no success. Then I tried to email him, and it came back as "unable to deliver". So this may not be the most reliable. You think?LOL   Think I'll skip this one, but thanks for trying.

Yeah, I updated my post just before your response.

Duck tours in the States usually operate on rivers, and even then there have been some horrific accidents during bad weather.  I wouldn't think a duck tour could operate in the ocean, and I certainly wouldn't trust one that could be operated any where in the DR or the Caribbean where inspections and oversight are probably less stringent than in the USA.

JMO.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, GranysT said:

We're on the same sailing! see y'all there (sorry, I dont know the answer to your question 😉)