Pre/Post cruise hotels in Fort Lauderdale

cruznlobo

I have questions.

Can anyone tell me if staying near the airport is good or bad for pre or post cruise in Fort Lauderdale?

I'm bidding on priceline and it seems I may be able to get a lower rate in the airport section rather than downtown or the beach areas.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2005>

<param name="month" value=1>

<param name="day" value=22>

<param name="hour" value=16>

</applet>

till the Legend begins

1/22/05

LELS.jpg

Glory 1/17/04

Pride 1/25/03

Fantasy 10/?/01

Just trying to stay on top.

Bump.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

</applet>

till the Legend begins

1/22/05

LELS.jpg

Glory 1/17/04

Pride 1/25/03

Fantasy 10/?/01

We are staying at the Comfort Inn at the airport I think it was $89 per night? Prob. not that fancy but more money to spend on the boat. icon_wink.gif

Can't wait!! Caribbean here I come!!!

Stayed at the Embassy suites for $55 via priceline, nice hotel. Great two hour open bar from 5-7 and full breakfast. Plus courtesy trans from and to airport. Close to airport, considered downtown area. In three weeks will be staying at the Marriot Marina, got through priceline for $60.

Victory 5/9/04 cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Monarch of the Seas 1996

NCL Wind 2000

Celebrity Galaxy 2002

SS Norway 2003

HAL Zuiderdam 2003

Carnival Victory 05/09/2004

Queen Mary 2 10/2004

Marriott Marina is lovely. Breakfast was my favorite at the Starbucks Mini Bar in the lobby. They had a special of coffee and a huge muffin and you can take it out on the deck overlooking the marina....great way to start your cruise. Enjoy. icon_wink.gif

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/04

You may want to go to www.biddingfun.com to see all the inside info on bidding on priceline for a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I know the Embassy is only 1/2 mile from the port and is one of the favorites.

We stayed at the La Quinta Airport/Hollywood we got through Hotwire for $42.00 We were also able to leave our car there since we drove down there last year. We had a free breakfast and shuttle to the pier. We did have to take a cab back to the hotel after the cruise, but it was only $20.00 w/tip which was alot cheaper than paying $12.00 a day to park at the pier.

Prices even on Hotwire depend on seasons. You can keep checking as they will drop closer if they haven't been booked. If they go up a few dollars, you may want to go ahead and get it. On hotwire they state the price but don't tell you which hotel until after you book it and pay for it, but we have done it several times and have never been disappointed. Biddingfun helped us alot!

Good Luck icon_biggrin.gif

Sensation 9/98 10th anniv.

Big Red Boat 5/99

Ecstasy 10/00

Destiny 9/01 The week of 911

Victory 10/01

Imagination 12/20/01

Imagination 2/4/02

Zuiderdam 9/6/03 - 15th anniv.

Carnival Legend 11/27/04

Happiness is being on a cruise

with the one you love!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Legend Here We Come 11/27

Thanx all.

My bidding strategy for late January 2005 is as follows.

Fort Lauderdale downtown-$40

Beach area-$45

I also have 2 free rebids in Miramar or Pompano.

Only willing to go up to $50 right now but it looks like I will probably have to go up to $70 but I will go for a 4* instead of 3*.

</applet>

till the Legend begins

1/22/05

LELS.jpg

Glory 1/17/04

Pride 1/25/03

Fantasy 10/?/01

cruznlobo,

Let me know how you do as we are sailing in Jan 05 too and need a place for pre and post stays.

Everything I've looked at is $100+.

How are you going to pay so little??

R.

stikdog_e0.gif

CARRIBEAN PRINCESS JAN 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;01;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL'S LEGEND JAN 2003

CELEBRITY'S CENTURY DEC 2003

cflbird2dog_e0.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sseaman - what month did you stay at the Embassey Suites for $55? That's a GREAT price for that particular hotel! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stayed there last Sept. 19th for one night pre cruise. I was hoping to get that hotel again when I bid, ended up at the Marriot Marina, another poster above said it is nice, which I am hoping.

Victory 5/9/04 cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Monarch of the Seas 1996

NCL Wind 2000

Celebrity Galaxy 2002

SS Norway 2003

HAL Zuiderdam 2003

Carnival Victory 05/09/2004

Queen Mary 2 10/2004

The Wyndham at the airport is a great hotel and can be had on priceline for $40 to $50 most of the time.

Only problem: No beach

You need the beach if you've got more than half a day in town before your cruise. If you're coming in the night before you cruise the airport is an awesome choice because most airport hotels have a free shuttle which will not only save you cab fare but enable you to go shop for stuff to smuggle on board for free too.

Here's more:

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/hotel_reservations

Did you have any particular hotels in mind that we can comment on?

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival Victory 12/19/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Hi,

I just got the Hyatt Regency downtown Ft.L. for $40.00 May 22nd. I think you may be bidding too early. Have you asked betterbidding for any help? They sure did help me out!

dolphin_flips.gif

Take care,

http://community.webshots.com/user/afdds

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;5;23;4;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

5/23 Carnival Victory

Carnival Legend, Panama, 2003

Norwegian Star, Hawaii,2001

Aida, Sicily 1999

Fasination San Juan-1995

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Good luck for Jan. 2006. I have been bidding $100 3* beach with no luck. Perhaps it is too soon?

Don't know if it's too soon, but reg prices for hotel rooms in the MIA/FLL area are outrageous this winter. Finally found one at the MIA airport for a little over $100 with shuttle from airport and to pier. Winter is peak time in that area. Something about the warm weather.:p

In Fort Lauderdale the airport zone is actually closer to the port than downtown is.

If you go to biddingfortravel.com and look at priceline hotels in each zone for Fort Lauderdale and go to their web pages you will also notice that many of the airport zone hotels offer free shuttle to the port and to the airport.

The only negative is you will not have an ocean view and will be in a 2 1/2 or 3 star hotel but that would include Marriott Courtyard, etc which are very comfortable hotels if you only want a place to sleep until the next day.

Hope this helps.

Charlie

I won Amerisuites 2.5* Downtown on priceline..$50 for one night pre(12/3) and post(12/18) cruise stay. They have a shuttle from the airport and to port. They are only located a .5 mile from the port. Its also right next to a Publix grocery store and lots of restuarants are in close proximity.

• 3 weeks later...
We used priceline for our pre and post cruise stays in FLL next January.

Staying at the Wyndham/Airport pre cruise for $55 a night and the Sheraton/Airport post cruise for $60 a night.

Did you get these on priceline already? I have tried and am getting rejected much higher than that. Can you remember the bidding strategy you used and would you be willing to share it with me?

thanks

First off, for fort lauderdale the port is literally in the downtown zone, so that's the closest. In Miami downtown is the closest zone, airport much further away.

Book a backup reservation you can cancel as there is a chance you can strike out on priceline. Also consider using Hotwire as an alternative if priceline isn't working out. BiddingFun.com is great help for Hotwire, biddingForTravel.com is good for priceline.

Your bid amounts seem really low for high season in that zone. Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely.

Be cautious going to 2.5 stars: the hotels aren't nearly as nice (the Holiday Inn Express and Extended Stay America, for example, are in the downtown zone but don't even have pools)

A new find for me: the La Quinta Airport. It's (relatively) far from the port but has free shuttles to both the port and the airport, free cont' breakfast and is walking distance to a huge shopping center (outdoor big-box stuff, including a Kmart, Home Depot, Old Navy, Dave and Busters, Movie Theaters, multiple resturants, etc) The hotel's lakeside location is actually very pretty too. Not a great neighborhood though, the houses look tired. If you need to book a place without using priceline, this place gets my vote as a solid 2 star hotel. I'd stay here again over the Comfort Suites downtown (just for the views)

Did you get these on priceline already? I have tried and am getting rejected much higher than that. Can you remember the bidding strategy you used and would you be willing to share it with me?

thanks

There is a mistake in my post.

Instead of saying next January, it should say last January. Sorry about that.

I have been trying through priceline for 3* downtown or beach for up to $100.00 for next January, with nothing but rejections.

Now I'm trying 2.5* dt/beach/hollywood/north for $45.00 to $60.00 with no luck.

I will keep trying but I'm thinking of booking something cancellable just to make sure we have a roof over our heads pre and post cruise.

I stayed at La Quinta for $42 + tax (FLL AIRPORT) in APril, and Amerisuites for $50. +tax (FLL DOWNTOWN) in June & July. All were through Priceline. Although there is some convenient things located near Amerisuites, I would prefer LA QUINTA if given the CHOICE.

Both had a nice complimentary breakfast spread, but I felt La QUinta was cleaner & brighter. On our second stay, the air at Amerisuites was questionable, at best, the pool was uninvitingly dirty, ... and there was a musty odor everywhere. Staff was very kind in reassigning our room, and provided a room deodorizer spray, but, I definitely felt more comfortable at La QUinta.

JMHO

Good Luck!

And you may want to try the "HOTELS - pre & post Cruise" forum here on Cruise Discussion Topics for more ideas.

A~:)

Marriott Marina is very nice, you can get pre-cruise pkg that includes ride to port which is about 3 min away, you can walk to a Wallgreens and you are right next to intercoastal water way, you can take water taxi to many different restaurants and they have free daily shuttle to beach, they have a nice pool with a bar and grill. Each room has a balcony. We always stay there. They have a Starbucks in the Lobby for your morning coffee or you can make coffee in your room for free. We just book room and take a cab to port and take a cab from airport to hotel, about 10 minute ride from airport and about $12.00 The cost of taxi from hotel to port was around $5.00 or $6.00 at the most and only a few minutes away, you can see the ships docked from the hotel.

Archived